Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a piston set came with wossner Pistons and riken piston rings question is do these work on snowmobiles? I have a liberty 2000 700. The rings in each box have one "standard" flat looking ring then the other 2 are "L" shaped rings. I can't find enough information other than the oe number pulls up as use for a Polaris PWC.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800 129", 2019 Indy 850 129", 2011 IQ Turbo 121"
2,927 Posts
An "L" shaped ring requires a very different groove machining detail on the pistons. That should be immediately noticeable if you look at the piston. Also, are you saying you have 3 rings for each piston or 3 rings for the kit? neither would make sense. Haven't seen Wossner pistons in person for that engine, so don't know what they are using.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 rings in total, 2 normal "flat" ring then 2 "L" shaped. It was a wrongfully filled order the seller is debating with me. I contacted Polaris and they are considered oem Pistons for PWC slt and sltx watercraft. I guess that answer enough I needed to know.

Any Highlights to using an L shaped piston ring for future readers if they are for sleds.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800 129", 2019 Indy 850 129", 2011 IQ Turbo 121"
2,927 Posts
Ok, at least you have the correct number of rings. As far as the type of ring, those aren't "typical" of what is used in modern sleds. The 700/1050PWC don't use the same piston as the 700 sled engines use either, so definitely question whether you have the parts you are supposed to. Those "L" (*****) rings aren't common in the sled world...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts