Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
X2

I've been riding sleds since 67 and had glasses even before than. I've always wore an open face helmet with flip up shield until I started using MX style helmets with goggles. I never had full face helemet but have tried them on at dealers and just didn't like them. Anyways the best way to go is with a MX style helmet, goggles and no fog mask. I've rarely had fogging problems though the years with this set up. I also use the quick straps on my goggles so than when I'm at a stop for an extrended amount of time the goggles come off. When I resume rding, I can just attach them once I get moving. You fog up the most when your sitting still and there is no air circulation. Oh, and I go the Scott's turbo goggles with the small fan. I don't use it much but it's there just in case.[/b]
you wear the goggles right over your glasses? or you have prescription ones?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wear an MX helmet, OTG Goggles and breath deflector. Also, you can use a couple things to clean your glasses with that help: dish soap, Cat's Crap, or Worley's Wonder.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
a buddy of mine came up with an idea that's been working for him for 5 years now. he too wears glasses and will not do the contacts. i've also heard that the natural of the air circulation in the helmet, contacts have a tendency to dry up. anyways, he had the fogging problem that you all mentioned and he tried a ton of different things. finally, he came up with a very simple and effective solution and the fogging is gone, at least from the breathing. now this is gonna sound weird and many are not gonna go for it but i tell you it works. basically, he attached an exhale tube. he took a piece of clear tubing warmed it up and put a bend in it to conform to the front of the helmet and meet his mouth, directed it down and out of the helmet an inch or 2 and attached it with velcro. yes, it seems dorky but it works. the worst thing (or funniest) is that after a long ride, the condensation from the breath drips down onto his jacket and freezes creating this frozen patty on his chest. i'd say try it. it's cheap and easy and if you don't like it, throw it out and call me crazy!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Scott and Oakley both make "OTG" over the glasses models. Make sure you get the dual winter sport lenses. Try blue it's a reall eye opener.

·
Registered
87 Posts
here is what I use, not 100% but it works most of the time - fogzero

I have some samples of it if anyone is interested; send me you mailing address and I'll send some out -

·
Registered
491 Posts
If wearing a Modular or full face (Non MX) one can simply build up the "Rest" area of the shield to allow 1/8" of space between shield and FULL CLOSED position.

Just keep layering on the 100mph tape until a "space" is created....This allows a tad more air circulation!

And if your anal you can find a color to match your helmet!

Most fog blockers are a waste of time and money......

And I wear glasses just so you know!

Kidd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone tried the CKX Mission helmet with the AMS system. Supposed to direct moisture out vents in the back of the helmet. Thinking about trying it, but at ~$500 with heated shield, it's an expensive gamble.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a Mission helmet and think it works great. I got it because I have glasses and always had problems with fogging. MX style helmet and goggles are ok for fogging, but are such a pain getting on and off with glasses. Mission helmet is the best I've found so far. Also the most I've spent by far.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts