Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's a big sticker on the gas tank that states clearly that the Rush is a operator only machine. S_Melchi might be a little harsh in his delivery, but he's right.
+1

This is rather painful to read.

·
Registered
332 Posts
+1

This is rather painful to read.
Every single seater sled Ive owned says that...

I use the "rider hold tight" straps from powermadd, the GF only weighs 110 so we are around 300 doubled up.

I put the torsions on the medium block and the sled seems to work great. Havent been on a long run yet with her though.

·
Registered
17,158 Posts
..The ski doo 2 up attachment is the best on the market as far as I can see. The Rush Jack Seat will fit with some modification to the rails. As far as the doo seat, I am sure it can be done. Just takes a little imagination and skill.

The ski-doo 2up seat actually works good - on a ski-doo. A buddy had one on his Renegade 1000. Actually a great long-distance "adventure" touring rig - with a coupled suspension able to carry the load without haing too much weight transfer. (just too bad they need engine rebuilds every 3k - the one below blew @ 3200)

A pro-ride rear is a different animal - designed to respond to driver input. More like a dirt bike

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Sadly this topic is the reason most stay off this site. SIXSTRING, its your sled and your money bought it. If you want to put a 2 up seat on it, by all means do so. Don't let everyone else's A**hole opinions make your decisions.

3 pages of useless BS. Seriously, don't you people have anything better to do?

·
Registered
114 Posts
To put it politely i can't for see this sled making a decent 2 up rider due to the uncoupled suspension, would love to hear if you figure something out though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well I run hard with the boys when I am alone. That is why I bought this sled. She loves to go out but she doesn't want to drive her own. We just came off a ski doo with a removable two up seat. So I could do both.... wich = a lot of BJ'S. Something I am guessing you guys don't get because you are spending more time bashing me than sledding or getting some. OH by the way I just got home from sledding and I am going to wake her up gently with my t**gue. F**K You. Thanks for the help a** Holes!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Easy, not everyone here shares the same views that were posted.
Sorry but I don't have a SB to give advice on.
I do have an 05 Edge chassis that I successfully installed a Seat Jack on and it works great for two up. Ran the rear springs on high and fully coupled the rear stops.
I don't ride balls to the wall with my wife on behind, but it gets her out to share the sledding experience.:bc2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Your right rabbi. It just sucks when you come on here to find out information or other ways people might have did something that could help and all they do is talk BS. I 90% sure I am going to get my idea to work. I am just looking for the right machine shop/guy to do the fabrication. I will post picks when I am done. We already went 150 mile with her on back without a seat and the sled handles awesome, just had to tighten up the back shock spring. The seat that I will be putting on will mostly be over the back of the original seat. So weight on the back of the sled shouldn't be a problem.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Post pics when your done, at lot of riders are in the same boat as you.
Cool to find a solution that works. Good luck!

Unfortunately, around here this season may end up being a bust!!
Normally, this time I would have 2000 or so miles logged.
This year I have 180 rough miles. Oh well.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Your right rabbi. It just sucks when you come on here to find out information or other ways people might have did something that could help and all they do is talk BS. I 90% sure I am going to get my idea to work. I am just looking for the right machine shop/guy to do the fabrication. I will post picks when I am done. We already went 150 mile with her on back without a seat and the sled handles awesome, just had to tighten up the back shock spring. The seat that I will be putting on will mostly be over the back of the original seat. So weight on the back of the sled shouldn't be a problem.
I'm also interested in your pixs and don't give a shit what these d-bags think about it. I take it easy when my wife's
on the back and there's no law against riding 2 up on a 1 up sled. Last I checked its still free country. Some people have way to much time on there hands ! LMAO

·
Registered
666 Posts
My daughter loves seeing the expression on people's faces when we pass them on the straight aways while riding 2-up on the trails.

She especially loves it when it is a "kid" all dressed up in bright colors and standing up. :rofl:

·
Registered
114 Posts
We just came off a ski doo with a removable two up seat. So I could do both.... wich = a lot of BJ'S.
:idhitit: :bc:
I wasn't trying to be rude when i commented. Id love to see this work out for you. I was just simply stating i do not believe it will work as well as the as the doo due to having an uncoupled suspension rider input and position on the sled and weight from front to back plays a large roll in how it handles. Definitely keep us updated on how you get it figured out and how it works.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My daughter loves seeing the expression on people's faces when we pass them on the straight aways while riding 2-up on the trails.

She especially loves it when it is a "kid" all dressed up in bright colors and standing up. :rofl:
sounds like an accident waiting to happen!

·
Registered
485 Posts
look at the adventure rack you could easily fab a back rest on there. unless your a big guy the seat seems long enough for two. i have rode two up on my sb and there was plenty of room.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Well I run hard with the boys when I am alone. That is why I bought this sled. She loves to go out but she doesn't want to drive her own. We just came off a ski doo with a removable two up seat. So I could do both.... wich = a lot of BJ'S. Something I am guessing you guys don't get because you are spending more time bashing me than sledding or getting some. OH by the way I just got home from sledding and I am going to wake her up gently with my t**gue. F**K You. Thanks for the help a** Holes!
:laff: Good luck with the P pad project 6 , that is valid motivation for sure.:pointlaugh:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Look in the new 2013 accessory catalog. There is a two up seat for the SB Assault that the Polaris rep showed me as well as a aluminum cargo rack for the Indy. Lots of new stuff. Check it out at your local dealer they could have what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Look in the new 2013 accessory catalog. There is a two up seat for the SB Assault that the Polaris rep showed me as well as a aluminum cargo rack for the Indy. Lots of new stuff. Check it out at your local dealer they could have what you're looking for.
Did this seat make the 2013 fall catalog? I see the indy cargo rack, but not the rush based 2up seat... only a IQ based 2up

21 - 40 of 44 Posts