Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us larger guys with longer legs the seat position on current snowmobiles is painfully low during long rides. I bought a seat wedge to raise my position and alleviate some of the discomfort in my knees during long rides. Wedge also improves my sled control by allowing me to stand and absorb bumps easier and makes leaning more effective. You should consider addressing this issue and offer at least one model in the future with some sort of sled integrated modified riding position? Thanks for listening to our concerns :)

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
riding position is very subjective, however..

I'm 6-1 and the current Firecat ergos/seat/bars/length is perfect for me.
Please don't change a thing.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throw us a bone here, just one model with that extra high tunnel or seat or offer an Arctic Cat aftermarket setup :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree with Rob. I am 6-1.5 and am about 250LBS.
Had two pins put in my back in Dec '01. My F5 is the most ergo sled I
have rode. When I go back on to our ZR600 I feel the diff.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm just wondering when they are going to lower the tank. Under the seat? Give us guys a reason not to wear a cup ha ha.
I'm small and ride the tank all the time, Thanks for the nice little nut pad it works for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It all depends on your riding style. If you ride with your feet in the footwells it's comfortable,but if you ride aggressive your feet are back more and it's hard on your knees. Hey yomamma where did you get that wedge,and does it work well? Can you still move around good?

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,200 Posts
I'm 5' 9" 190lb and the ergos are perfect for me, you can relly dance with this sled.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am 5'8'', #165 & prefer riding standing up. I estimate 60 % of my seat time is spent on the seat. When I sit down I find the ergos very comfortable. The transition between sit and stand is effortless. Understanding how weight sensitive the chassis is I find the seat/tank/thin tunnel are designed to allow you to make weight transitions pertinent to controlling this sled. I make these comments without having tried the seat wedge.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I agree completely on two counts. The 1st is that the Cat riding position is too low for me (I'm 6'2"). I also agree that it is very dependant on your riding style as to whether or not the position is an issue.

I ride very aggressively and am all over the seat, moving around and crouching/standing through the bumps. I find that I get lots of strain on my knees, particularly the right knee as it's easier to really extend off the left side of the rig and if your foot is on the board, this tends to exert lateral stress on the knee.

After a day of riding the local Maine trails I feel like I spent the day at the guy doing squats.

-Couch

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think this is WAY TOO SUBJECTIVE. I LOVE the riding position during the first part of the day (I'm 5'11" 200lbs) and I ride VERY AGGRESIVELY :rolleyes: I typically ride with my feet on or near the tunnel braces. I am always in the ATTACK POSITION when riding, as you NEVER KNOW what is around the next corner, or over the next hill. However, as the day progresses, and after 135 - 150 miles, my KNEES ARE SCREAMING :wacko: And I cant take it anymore. I am not sure that a higher seat is the ticket, but I'd be willing to try it.

The position is excellent if you are a all-over the sled kinda guy, but it doesnt work for a trail cruiser. That is why I bought the sled in the first place :) its just not for long days I guess :unsure:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts