Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I live south of Syracuse and I was wonder what the snowfall amounts were around syracuse? Places like Pulaski, Redfield, Oswego... Also where would be the closest trails with the best riding condition for this week? Directions from Cortland, NY would be appreciated because we maybe got 2 inches of snow.

·
Registered
610 Posts
headed up to Redfield tonight. Supposedly they have a fair amount of snow, it's not real hard to get to. I can't tell you exactly but I can drive it. Mapquest is your friend. When are you going up?

·
Registered
552 Posts
i may try parish area on thursday. there's great drop off area at gristmill restaurant, right off of rt. 81. not sure what exit number but i think it's the only exit for parish. you'll see the restaurant and the parking area.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I drop there often, just watch the powerline trails on the way out of there, lots of monster mudholes. I read on the computer that there isn't much snow in that area yet, but who knows.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
headed up to Redfield tonight. Supposedly they have a fair amount of snow, it's not real hard to get to. I can't tell you exactly but I can drive it. Mapquest is your friend. When are you going up?[/b]
I plan on going up saturday morning... thats if the trails are any good or there is still snow yet. where in redfield can you park and ride from?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took 81N to 104E/13E to 17 N. You'll see parking all around the reservoir.[/b]
what about taking rt. 2 out of pulaski? i looked on the map and it seems that 104 goes SE and then 17 goes straight north, kind of backtracking. it seem like rt. 2 would be quicker...

edit:
well i guess either way is about the same distance. I would just think that traveling along rt 81 would be faster but rt 2 doesn't seem to be as fast as 104. idk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Take 81N to Route 69 (Parish Exit). Take 69E to Route 183 in Amboy Center. Take 183 north till it ends in Williamstown at Route 13. Turn right onto 13, go about 1/8 mile and turn left onto 17N. This will take you right to the resevoir parking lot and is a little quicker than taking 104 if you are coming from the south.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You will not ride out of Parish,redfield or even Cedar Pines.....TRAILER TO HIGHMARKET OR TIMBERVIEW !! All the snow is on top..NONE in BARNES CORNERS !! Hope this helps

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mapquest will give you good directions to Timberview. I think it is in Turin. Has anyone heard if you can ride in Locke, NY. I heard there was 7 inches of snow last night with more one the way for Fri.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mapquest will give you good directions to Timberview. I think it is in Turin. Has anyone heard if you can ride in Locke, NY. I heard there was 7 inches of snow last night with more one the way for Fri.[/b]
I live in Locke, 6-7" in my driveway, 1 mile down the road at the bottom of the hill and there's like 2-3". Riding is not recommended. It's all light fluffy stuff and you'd surely be riding right in the stones/dirt. Now if it were to settle a little today and we got another 8-10" riding might be an option.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Whats it like on the hill? I was there last wednesday and it wasn't bad except for the unfrozen mudholes. That must be all frozen by now? New sled and 1 ride and the season is on its way out. WTF!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.