Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey I am Matt the guy in the cat gear in the middle of Brock's picture on his sight. We did ride all day Wed. put 100 miles on C7 was not that bad from Charlie's to Malone. If you get past a washout about a mile north of Charlie's you can go pretty good. Gotta remember we are from PA, no snow here.There was a chance of a storm and we went and rode, yea not perfect trails but they where ridable no regrets.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I am Matt the guy in the cat gear in the middle of Brock's picture on his sight. We did ride all day Wed. put 100 miles on C7 was not that bad from Charlie's to Malone. If you get past a washout about a mile north of Charlie's you can go pretty good. Gotta remember we are from PA, no snow here.There was a chance of a storm and we went and rode, yea not perfect trails but they where ridable no regrets.[/b]

You drove all the way from PA to ride that strip of trail?

T

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sorry, but I live on C7 in Gabriels...6 miles north of Charlies...and it is hard to believe that any one would be out riding yet ! Except the 'lil kid next storm around the yard on his mini sled ! There are some awful rocks just north of me...

dak

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey I am Matt the guy in the cat gear in the middle of Brock's picture on his sight. We did ride all day Wed. put 100 miles on C7 was not that bad from Charlie's to Malone. If you get past a washout about a mile north of Charlie's you can go pretty good. Gotta remember we are from PA, no snow here.There was a chance of a storm and we went and rode, yea not perfect trails but they where ridable no regrets.[/b]
matt remember me? my name is greg. the guy with the 04 f7. i belive you because i met up with you cory and his son matt. i had a good time for the little snow we had. thank you for letting me tag along with you and telling me about the HCS website. like i was telling you at the trailside bar/resturant in mt.view N.y. the trails where i live in plattsbugh were not ridable. so i was very happy with the conditions we had. me and some of my friends played in a feild today /9:30 tonight. (grass drags). had fun killing a zr800 manny times. can"t under stand why ha ha. well it would be cool to meet up again and maybe with these guys that don't belive you also so we can show ya some more trails in the true (upstate new york) .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, but I live on C7 in Gabriels...6 miles north of Charlies...and it is hard to believe that any one would be out riding yet ! Except the 'lil kid next storm around the yard on his mini sled ! There are some awful rocks just north of me...

dak[/b]

I'm with you on this one...

But last year there were some guys that came all the way from CT just to ride the power lines from Charlies to Bellys and back all day. They had NO idea about going to Quebec to ride..

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Charlie's(Brock) pulled that same crap on a group of us from PA last year. Told us conditions great, lots of people riding, blah blah blah. When we got there 7 hours later we found nobody but the bartender. He changed his tune and said they were "EXPECTING" a big storm and the rider's would show up afterward. We got nothing and nobody came. We also rode from his place to Belly's in Malone about 3 times for a 100 miles or so and then we got the hell out of there before we had to spend any money at Charlie's. I'm glad you guys got to ride the thin ice and sciff of snow that's up there, it's hard on your equipment, but i still say he stretches things beyond the imagination.....of course that was my fault for believing him. 2 weeks later i discovered Mt Valin in Quebec so from now on I'll just blow by Charlie's on my way north.

....on a good note, we had a great steak at Belly's.

For anyone contemplating whether to go there or not call a couple of places up that way first. One's that care whether or not you return. (Belly's or Trailside). Brock has everything else up there, i wonder why he doesn't have a webcam pointed at the trail with a guage on it. But that would expose his lies.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Charlie's(Brock) pulled that same crap on a group of us from PA last year. Told us conditions great, lots of people riding, blah blah blah. When we got there 7 hours later we found nobody but the bartender. He changed his tune and said they were "EXPECTING" a big storm and the rider's would show up afterward. We got nothing and nobody came. We also rode from his place to Belly's in Malone about 3 times for a 100 miles or so and then we got the hell out of there before we had to spend any money at Charlie's. I'm glad you guys got to ride the thin ice and sciff of snow that's up there, it's hard on your equipment, but i still say he stretches things beyond the imagination.....of course that was my fault for believing him. 2 weeks later i discovered Mt Valin in Quebec so from now on I'll just blow by Charlie's on my way north.

....on a good note, we had a great steak at Belly's.

For anyone contemplating whether to go there or not call a couple of places up that way first. One's that care whether or not you return. (Belly's or Trailside). Brock has everything else up there, i wonder why he doesn't have a webcam pointed at the trail with a guage on it. But that would expose his lies.[/b]

The man speaks the truth.....I was FLOORED when I heard people came from CT to ride that 30 mile stretch between Charlie's and Belly's. Unreal.

T

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey Greg I had a good time riding for the conditions we had yes it was a little tough but at some spots believe it or not was pretty good. We were just chasing the storm that was supposed to come and trailing the sleds all that way with the snow we hardly ever see in PA we took a chance on riding and was happy. Greg I hope we can ride again will try to let you know when we go back up that way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Greg I had a good time riding for the conditions we had yes it was a little tough but at some spots believe it or not was pretty good. We were just chasing the storm that was supposed to come and trailing the sleds all that way with the snow we hardly ever see in PA we took a chance on riding and was happy. Greg I hope we can ride again will try to let you know when we go back up that way.[/b]
ya cowboy that would be great . i hear on the local weather channel that more snow is on the way for saturday. not sure if it is true yet. oh and tell cory that the holliday inn in platsburgh is 1 mile from my house here in "wiggle town". have fun in the U.P when you guys go.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Well it looks like Cowboyzrt and phatcat7 have 100 more miles than most of us so far this year. Congrats guys! :beerchug: Don't blame them for riding at all. Something tells me that if you are waiting for good conditions .....you could be waiting a long,long time.

It sounds like I would have ridden in those conditions or worse if given the chance....that's what my old beater 98 ZR600 is for.

In fact this is starting to look tempting:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well it looks like Cowboyzrt and phatcat7 have 100 more miles than most of us so far this year. Congrats guys! :beerchug: Don't blame them for riding at all. Something tells me that if you are waiting for good conditions .....you could be waiting a long,long time.

It sounds like I would have ridden in those conditions or worse if given the chance....that's what my old beater 98 ZR600 is for.

In fact this is starting to look tempting:[/b]
If the lakes were froze in the OF area I would be there if all they had was a inch of snow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.