Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was planning on a ride from Pittsburg to the Forks starting on the 17th. Snow conditions look pretty bad.

Do any of you guys have lodge names, websites, or any info for areas of Canada that have snow and or will by the 17th. Maybe northern Maine too?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RIDING from Pittsburg on the 17th will not happen, better make a new plan.

:beer4:[/b]
that's kinda the point of my thread.

tx, CKF I think I was just in there and will go back and take another look. Hoping someone who has ridden up there will offer suggested places to stay or stay away from?

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
bring a lock, by then you should hopefully be able to stay and ride from downtown chicoutimi so the HI or Hotel Sagunee would be good. At MT Valin itself Auberge 31, Passion Quebec are good. Passion isn't too pricy if you split ta chalet. Stayed at Passion in December staying at HI this weekend.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
that's kinda the point of my thread.

tx, CKF I think I was just in there and will go back and take another look. Hoping someone who has ridden up there will offer suggested places to stay or stay away from?[/b]
Sorry didn't thoughly read the post,
PLUS I am beginning to get alittle grouchy, due to lack of snow :frech32:
Bring back some pictures :div20:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't sound great up there, but some forecasts have that region getting hit moderately hard with snow in the next two days.

Thanks again for the info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry didn't thoughly read the post,
PLUS I am beginning to get alittle grouchy, due to lack of snow :frech32:
Bring back some pictures :div20:[/b]
No worries my friend. My wife is getting tired of my pissy mood due to the lack of snow. She said the other day "look on the bright side. If you don't ride your new sled this winter it will still be brand new next year" D'OH!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bring a beater truck. Anything remotely new will be stolen[/b]
Sounds like a nice place. I don't know if a beater truck can drag sleds for 5.5 hours to the burg and then who knows how many more into Canada.

Want to hear something funny. It's snowing right now in RI, Mother Nature why have you forsaken us!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sounds like a nice place. I don't know if a beater truck can drag sleds for 5.5 hours to the burg and then who knows how many more into Canada.

Want to hear something funny. It's snowing right now in RI, Mother Nature why have you forsaken us![/b]
Hey DS... I don't think that's too funny!

BTW... that "still new next year" comment is TOO funny! :beerchug:

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
INSURANCE CLAIM

Got something you want stolen? Sled is just a POS with no value but is insured for lots? Blown Engine killing you so you want to run it into a tree. Have some canadian steal it instead. Free of charge. Leave the keys in it over night and poof magically it will be gone in the moneny. Take you Fuel Pump something something out my dad does it all the time it pretty much makes it so no matter what they do your truck won't start.

Good Luck might see you arouund there probably going to Aroostick county in maine since its much cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
INSURANCE CLAIM

Got something you want stolen? Sled is just a POS with no value but is insured for lots? Blown Engine killing you so you want to run it into a tree. Have some canadian steal it instead. Free of charge. Leave the keys in it over night and poof magically it will be gone in the moneny. Take you Fuel Pump something something out my dad does it all the time it pretty much makes it so no matter what they do your truck won't start.

Good Luck might see you arouund there probably going to Aroostick county in maine since its much cheaper.[/b]

Is it really that bad? The fuel pump thing doesnt sound like a bad idea though!! Even in MT Valin lots of thefts? or mainly zenon, donet like Ive heard about

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Canada is an awful place if you listen to the internet talk, everyones truck get stolen, sleds get stolen, gas is $4-5 gallon, people don't speak english. I'd just stay home and whine about no snow rather than going there.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Canada is an awful place if you listen to the internet talk, everyones truck get stolen, sleds get stolen, gas is $4-5 gallon, people don't speak english. I'd just stay home and whine about no snow rather than going there.[/b]
I have been doing most of my riding in Quebec for the last 10 years now...does Quebec have a theft problem...yes...thats why your choice of places to stay should be well thought out! I only travel in, and with, late model reliable equipment and have never had any problems with theft. You don't have to chain everything you own to a telephone pole...all you have to do is take "normal" precautions. Simple things like parking your vehicles nose to nose, not ready to drive away, in a well lighted busy section of the lot is a good start...good alarm systems that are on most vehicles today...anything you can do to make your sleds and trucks among the hardest in the lot to steal! Lots of places have heated indoor storage for sleds and "corrals" for trucks and trailers. Lock sleds together...facing in opposite directions so towing them away is not easy...simple things like this have made all my trips to Quebec a great experience! Add riding in remote area's where you can count all the sleds you see in a day on one hand and you start to see why NH crowded trails look less and less attractive to me!

Brush up on your French and say "Bonjour" to the best riding I've ever seen!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ihave too agree with asphault jockey. I've been too canada for at least ten year all over quebec on 6 day runs leaving the truck and trailer getting back six days later always too find my truck. its like anywhere else theres always a couple of trouble makers.i just have had good luck i guees

·
Registered
110 Posts
i've been everywhere through quebec and ontario and never any problems with theft. you need to park your truck and trialer in a secure hotel ( not all are) althought the better ones have areas that are locked.some have tents to park your sleds in also. i've always carried a lock and chain and lock them together at night. if i can i park them infront of the hotel door by the room. a 5 hour drive is nothing, try 17 hrs to val do'r or more to labrador via a train. the gaspe penninsula is a nice trip also, when they have snow, but mt valin is nice too. i've done several trips around lac st. jean in years past. do you want an experience you'll never forget than fly out to revelstoke b.c/sicamous and rent sleds and a guide. snow so deep you cant imagine it! i've found wyoming a great place to go.sometimes you just have to go where the snow is and its far away. thats what makes up the adventures of a lifetime. when you want the best, head west!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I have been doing most of my riding in Quebec for the last 10 years now...does Quebec have a theft problem...yes...thats why your choice of places to stay should be well thought out! I only travel in, and with, late model reliable equipment and have never had any problems with theft. You don't have to chain everything you own to a telephone pole...all you have to do is take "normal" precautions. Simple things like parking your vehicles nose to nose, not ready to drive away, in a well lighted busy section of the lot is a good start...good alarm systems that are on most vehicles today...anything you can do to make your sleds and trucks among the hardest in the lot to steal! Lots of places have heated indoor storage for sleds and "corrals" for trucks and trailers. Lock sleds together...facing in opposite directions so towing them away is not easy...simple things like this have made all my trips to Quebec a great experience! Add riding in remote area's where you can count all the sleds you see in a day on one hand and you start to see why NH crowded trails look less and less attractive to me!

Brush up on your French and say "Bonjour" to the best riding I've ever seen![/b]
<----- check my profile- Avatars on 547 between 55 and 35.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts