Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we figured the hill would be full of people so we dropped at cliff's in alder creek. rode from there south towards barneveld , swung around to westernville, up to west lyden. highmarket and mcgoldrick's truck trail. unfortunately we were stopped from going towards talbots due to a fatality on the trail. never good to hear that. so sorry for the family. we ended up going to cville , and got gas. crossed the road towards boonville. through boonville, a little ways down the towpath , turned left towards adirondack sport shop. end up going to otter lake , back down to white lake, on to woodgate, forestport and back to cliff's. needed more so back towards westernville for a while a different way. came back and left. 140 miles. the hill was going to be huge bumps and there was a ton of traffic. the lower thinner stuff was awesome. the stuff we did ride at the hill was sick.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm heading that way tomorrow morning for an abbreviated version of that loop. Alder Creek down to Barneveld and up though Ava had good snow? I'm on a schedule as usual so I'm trying to stay as far south as reasonable possible..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lots of trucks at the bowling alley. may be a little thin, but seemed to have coverage. we didn't go to barneveld this time. you should be fine

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
My friends 18 xcr 800 switchback caught fire on way back from salisbury to alder creek today, don't know the cause but is already dreading dealing with insurance co.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that sucks. hard to find that sled now in the crate. i have had some issues with mine and just work through it. almost another disaster yesterday. we parked in whiskey jack's lot by the bank. stick even said, i hope no one comes through that bank and hits our shit . we no sooner go inside, there is commotion by the window. stick goes and looks , can't believe it. some fool came up over the bank and landed on the back of an old xc. missed my sled by 2 feet. he thought it was funny, but the people inside thought different. don't know about his xcr but mine is fast as hell

·
Registered
529 Posts
We did the short loop from Alder Creek, to Westernville, Ava, West Leyden, Boonville, Forestport, and back to Alder Creek. What a sweet ride. Wish I had more time. I definitely would headed north from West Leyden. 72mi, maybe 7-8 were rough.

Kind of sad that it'll probably be my last ride this year...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
881 Posts
Me and the BIL did Altmar, Redfield, Montague, Flat Rock, Highmarket, Cedar Pines, and back and the southern stretch was the best for sure. Lots of traffic and big whooped out trash up north. Only saw two total retards all day though and only one was piloting a sled. The other was a red-headed woman of mid-forties in Cedar Pines with a “slight” Irish whisper that could be heard for miles. :bc2:

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
We left Winona at 730am, went to barns over to timberview and cville, road West towards redfield and back to Winona. 155 miles, trails were awesome this morning, not to bad in the afternoon, then beat from redfield until we got to Winona again. If it didn't get warm and turn the snow to mush I'm willing to bet they would have been good all day, nothing anyone can do about warm weather and sun no matter how heavy or light the traffic is. All in all was a great day to ride. And yes there was plenty of times I was almost hit by people on my side of the trails or people who feel the need to count down. Yes I see you, keep your hands on the bars especially through a damn corner!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts