Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 700 touring, and I want to change a few things to make it a little more sporty. The windshield is going first since the side wing mounted mirrors are useless when moving. Since I'm changing shields, I think I can now use positions 6 and 7. I looked under the steering column, and the notches for 6&7 are there, but there is something blocking them off. Does anybody know what and where this "block off" is? It should be the same for the 2006 Classic or Touring sleds.

I remember reading about this somewhere, but now I can't find it. My apologies if this is a repeat post.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,316 Posts
I've got a 700 touring, and I want to change a few things to make it a little more sporty. The windshield is going first since the side wing mounted mirrors are useless when moving. Since I'm changing shields, I think I can now use positions 6 and 7. I looked under the steering column, and the notches for 6&7 are there, but there is something blocking them off. Does anybody know what and where this "block off" is? It should be the same for the 2006 Classic or Touring sleds.

I remember reading about this somewhere, but now I can't find it. My apologies if this is a repeat post.[/b]
To change it, you need to remove the Rider Select locking mechanism, and then remove the brass colored machine screw on the lower side of it. Measure the distance between notches, and then drill for and move up this stop screw the appropriate distance to increase by 1 or 2 notches.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To change it, you need to remove the Rider Select locking mechanism, and then remove the brass colored machine screw on the lower side of it. Measure the distance between notches, and then drill for and move up this stop screw the appropriate distance to increase by 1 or 2 notches.[/b]
Thanks Bro :div20:

good thing you said something about that track clearance issue, too. I almost bought a 1.25 track, but it think i'm gonna stud the stocker.

Thanks again for the help!

Dan

·
Registered
143 Posts

I remember reading about this somewhere, but now I can't find it. My apologies if this is a repeat post.[/b]
In the manual (at least on my Switchback), it states that positions 6 & 7 are for hillclimbing use when you need to be extremely far forward for balance when standing up with your feet at the back of the tunnel. I've usually leave mine on 4, maybe 5 every now and then. I'm willing to bet that you will put it in 6 or 7 once or twice and never go back again. So I guess this is a question of how bad you really want to have the bars that far forward.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my 700 classic has a 1.25 ripsaw from the factory,looks like plenty of room in there!!!![/b]
Excursion PSD said that if I wanted to go to a deeper lug AND stud it I would need to notch the track or buy one notched so as to not rip off the tunnel protectors. He seems to be the expert, I'll take his word for it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
My 07 IQ 600 CFI has a 1.25 Ripsaw and there is no issue with clearence or tunnel protectors. You have to remove the rear flap to install the protectors. They slide right on the rear cooler. No front cooler in the tunnel to worry about on a 600, I'm not sure about the 700's or FST models.
Also, keep in mind that the stock (12") IQ windshield offers very little wind protection. I installed the Pure Polaris 16" tall shield and it works and looks great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts