Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 ZR 800 and I am thinking about putting reverse in it, but the problem is that I race on the ice. I was wondering how much it will slow me down and how much of a job it is to put it in...or is it even worth it?

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
It will add a little extra weight, but you won't even notice! It is worth it in my opinion. It can be kind of expensive though.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Of bigger concern to a racer would be the lack of gearing options with the reverse kit installed. Only the smaller gear can be changed and this would require a chain length change. The 39 tooth bottom gear which is standard on the reverse kit cannot be changed.

B

·
0 Posts
The bottom gear can be changed but the only option is a 40. In my case I wanted it geared down a bit. I find it much more fun to have a extremely peppy (touch the gas, and the skis will lift very easily) than something that goes 100 + MPH. I seldom have the chance to go that fast (speed limit is 50 MPH) everywhere in MN, but I goose it all the time over little hills, and she'll go airborn every time.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok with that said, I will prob not go with reverse, unless is not a bug pain in the butt to take it off for the race seaon? How much of a job is it to take the reverse off for racing them put it back on when I am done serious racing and hit the trails?
Thanks for the help guys!
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts