Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my reverse kit home to day. Was thinking about putting it on my self. There is a lot of parts, a new chain
case cover and a lot of other stuff. The shift lever goes
to the right of the pull rope. the reverse alarm goes opp
of the key on the efi models. You need the lever kit and
the reverse kit to make it work. You also get a new
black snow flap and a new reverse decal that covers
the old decal on your dash. They say you need a reverse gear adj gauge pn0644-244 to adj the reverse linkage.
It weights about 5 to 7 pounds. It shoud be worth it's
weight in gold out on a trail.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Only $540 and just think, it will only add, how much weight total???
I top the scales at about 200 Lbs. and cannot imagine adding any more weight to my F7 Sabercat SnoPro than my fat ass.
Just my 10 cents worth but don't forget, speed is a ratio between horespower and weight or weight and horsepower, some shit like that.
Too late to get technical right now but you know what I mean
Evil

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yeah, Thats about how much I was QUOTED by Dealer. Some of the guys were talking about $300 bucks for the whole deal. Either they are Smokin Green Stuff I think, Or they work for / good friends with dealer :D I was in a big hurry at $300 but when the dealer quoted close to $600 :angry: before Disc for buying sled there, Suddenly its not sooo important. They are talkin 2 - 3 hrs installation @ $60-65 and hour. Sooo Close to $700 for Reverse, Thank you, I'll wait a while.

I guess its the old fast to a stop, NAIL THE BRAKE & slide it sideways! BACK ON THE HAMMER and aWAaaaaaYY I GOoooooooo B)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 5 to 7 pounds that it addes in weighti is all in the
frount were you want it. I'm not a motor head but I
can't more than 2 hr to put it on. I laided everything
last night and the biggest thing is takeing the chain case cover off change the parts around put the new cover
on drill 2 holes in the dash and put the lever kit on .
It is a lot better than haveing another hart attack
and a lot less money. There is a lot more that comes
in to play when it comes to speed than 5 or 7 pounds
like snow and temp and wind. I ride trailes I will use
rev a 100 times more than I will want to go 110 mph.
With the D&D work and studs it has a lot more than I
need, but it will be fun!

·
Registered
289 Posts
hvf7, for sure, to each his own, all I know is I bought my F7 for what it is, an out of the box racer.
I will not be adding any weight to mine as weight equals less speed and when you are only looking at 500 feet each pound is very important.
I ride in the mountains as well and thats one place you do not want any extra poundage. (have trup planned for Jan. 2 to 10)
My wifes Poo has reverse and it is real handy but I am talking about an Indy Classic Touring sled EFI, electric start, and all the bells and whistles. This pig weighs in at more than I can lift or dig out. It does have a 136" x 2" track but she is still real heavy in the fluffy stuff.
If I was concerned with my heart, which I should be, I would not have bought a Firecat to start with and would consider having reverse on whatever I buy.
Have a great day
Evil

·
Registered
696 Posts
Want to really shave pounds and get the advantage?
Ride with hardly any gas or oil. Use pure water for coolant as it has a lower molecular weight. Wear bikini briefs instead of long johns. C'MON GUYS!!! With the driver and some gas, you're talking about the sled weighing around 675 pounds. Unless you have a calibrated ass, there is NO WAY you will notice 5 pounds on a 140 HP sled. (unless you're in the timing lights of course) Honestly, do you notice different handling and performance throughout the day with the gas level going down? That's a helluvalot more than 5 pounds... <_<

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wicked
Actually, I was talking about "between the lights or in 6 feet of powder".
You are correct about the extra weight of fuel, but oil is weight I can live with. When you race in a two day event and get beat by 5/10 or .5 of a second by a guy you beat last week, it makes you wonder about that Big Muck from Ronnies with the supersize pop and fries x 2 and a couple beers when the pop is gone.
But it is OK you just ran your sled hard for two days, had no real sleed and drank no beer, now you just blew the last race and the $1.5 or 2 K prize money not to mention the pounding of the cheast thing.
I just think my sled should watch it's waist also.
Like my last post started out to each his own.
Don't get me wrong I don't want to pick a fight, just stating facts.
Why do you think SnoPro's other than these Firecats all had/have clear tanks?
This is a trick question,,,, so be careful.
Evil

·
Registered
696 Posts
We have an Evil guy and a Wicked guy bantering...LOOK OUT! :lol:

Yep...on a money event you have to strip it. I agree 100%.

But my point was for John Q. Rider who wants to kick the shit out of an XC800 every Saturday afternoon. I really don't think the weight of the reverse matters. (my cousin saw my earlier post and just called me. told me to go on a diet and lose 5 pounds) :rolleyes:

***just saw the tank question: Hell if I know, to check fuel level?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Apology accepted.
And don't be afraid to say I was wrong. (meaning you of course). It is OK to be wrong but not afraid.
Thanks for the humor today Wicked, it got me through another boring lunch hour.
Without running to Ronnies for a smiley meal.
"To see how much fuel you have left as well as make sure you do not put in more than you need"
Have a great day

Evil

PS webmaster I think I should get brownie points for ending this banter before it got bitter.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rideing it and picking it up are 2 diff things. I like things
that are quick . If I had a prob with the weight I could
put a 1/2 tank of gas in the thing and be lighter yet.
When you have a gvw over 560# I can't feel 5 # more.
And I don't think neather can you . If there rideing
in the hills with rx-1 tons I think a 565 # f cat would
not have a prob.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts