Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a reverse kit for my '98 ZRT800. A friend said he has one off a '03 F7 and I was wondering if anyone knows if it would fit my sled? What do these kits go for new or used? If his kit doesn't work out does anyone else have one they are looking to get rid of?

·
Registered
263 Posts
no it won't fit.i have seen kits go on ebay between $200.00-$300.00.i still have one around somewhere that i took off of a 97 ext 580 dlx that would work for you i will look and see if i can find it and let you know.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the lever kit and the proper cover from my 1997 600 triple.Not sure of the gearing you need but I have some extra gears also .Still have the stock gearing from my 03 /900 ZR also.Most reversekits for the old style bodies will work,excluding the lever kits and in some cases the outside cover is different as the lever kit is applied to the front of some and the back on other covers.That is why I have the older cover here because I have a 2002 ZRT now and the cover is different.Guess what I am trying to say is that the shifting arm on the bottom of the cover is on the front of some and on the back of others otherwise its the same cover.So if you can pick up the inner components from someone else I have everything else needed.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Drop case stays .Cover needs to be swapped as it is wider at the bottom to accomidate the bottom gear pack and it has a shifting arm on it.The Zrts changed covers in 1999 and like I mentioned before the only difference is where the shifting arm is located.Older models to the front and 99 and up to the back.I am only speaking of ZRTs here as I am not familiar with other models

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.