Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I making the first post on this site? COOL!
I had the opportunity to get out with my dealer's F7 demo and buddy Gord's Rev8 last Wednesday and I found the Rev to be quite a bit stronger thru the mid range (30 to 80). Is this normal? From all the posts I have read I expected the Cat to walk away. It was a warm day (40F) so even the packed snow was fairly soft. The best the F7 could do on this snowm was 97 on its speedo. The Doo was about 2 mph faster.

Terry Bean

HI Rob!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I ride with two other Rev 800's and I have to say that the mid range power is very good. I have traded my 03 on a 04 800HO which according to SnowTech's spring issue is scary fast whatever that means. In the real world of driving which I was able to enjoy to the tune of 5000 miles Gaspe Bay and other parts of Ontario and Quebec the REV 800 performance was great from 0 to 100 mph regardless of the weather. On real cold days below 0 my non DPM 800 Rev would show over 110 on the digital readout. I never had the chance to go under the gun so I can not say what the real top end was. As far as I'm concerned the sled was a rocket from corner to corner and was fun to drive on those days when we did over 300 miles (Gaspe Bay). I did not see very many Firecats in Quebec so I can not say if they were faster or not. FYI looking forward to my new 800 HO should be even better corner to corner.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I would love to get the chance to get it on with the 7
on roll (30mph or so) as for the rev I beat 800 7c
by 14mph in 1000ft,improved 7c by 9mph,and lost
to a 2000T-cat (piped) by 4mph ,few inches of loose
snow on ice with trail studs.The 711 has big legs from mid
though top and I`m gona miss her.Eveeryone is fast till the radar
gun comes out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The Blair Morgan 800 is fast than regular REV's, because of the 10 tooth drivers (more efficient) right from the bottom to top end. All REV's will be faster next year because of this. It will be interesting to see if the firecat's slow down because they are going to 9 tooth. The only REV that I saw that could give a firecat a good run was a 7c.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My F7 would beat the 800 rev pretty easily off the line and up to near the top the the rev would slowly come by. I have 153 studs and a 1.375 track. The rev had no studs and a 1" lug. I think with the sametracks the sleds would be closer on the top, but the F7 would still be faster out of the hole. Not bashing just my $0.02. (the Rev is a really nice sled - I'm going to have to think really hard next spring)

·
Registered
196 Posts
My friend has a rev w1.25 track I have f7 w1.38 track off the line it all depend's ho get's hooked up. At about 660ft it's f7 no matter what his was the only one around here to come close. Alot has to do with set up we both worked on susp to get the best we could. I wouldn't have a prob owning a rev I rode his and really liked it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A friend of mine just bought a rev 800. My f7 is clutched and geared. Ran on Derby lake in Vermont from one end to the other. He hole shoted me,I blasted by in about 60 feet, and stayed ahead by 4to5 sled lengths, no one was gaining and no one was pulling away. Both sleds have same mileage. The Rev is a good sled.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by CCC Sniper@Mar 27 2003, 03:54 PM
i dont know but i do know i race my f7 in the 800 class every weekend and a rev has NEVER won or even placed ( i think )...........

ill post this sundays results :p
where's the results???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ran the Rev 800 numerous times in the UP of Michigan (Lake Gogebic and alike). Close, but my f-7 always came out on top. Actually, I almost always lost the holeshot. I guess i had a different experience that writer above, as it was the f-7 mid range that killed all the sleds I raced including the rev 800. From 60 -90, there is no comparison.

But make no mistakes, the 2003's were close. Doo may have done it this year.

·
Registered
986 Posts
04 800HO is pulling the F7 by a little in mid range. They really got it going. Have to dial the F7s in to stay in front

·
Registered
196 Posts
The ho 800 rev will most likely outrun the f7 but you have to remember it is a 700. I'm not knocking the rev's if I didn't all ready have a firecat I would buy a 800ho. I think i'll wait for the f8's to be released. They are both great sled's.

·
Registered
732 Posts
for the people who think the firecats r going to be slow for 04 i will put it to u this way i saw an 04 cluthed f6 beat a 03 f7 (non cluthed) by 3 sled lengths the 04 f7s r going to be scary fast if they run like the f6

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you know what the clutch setup was? Just curious cause I just bought the F6 and would love to beat m buddies F7. Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Funny thing is, the above statements seem like a repeat of last year. Last year I was caught wondering if I should buy Doo or Cat. The literature and talk appeared to say the Rev would be close or pull away. Bought the F-7 and never saw any of what I heard prior to the season. I ran the rev 8 numerous times and it was close. I was even beat off the line most of the time (forget how many studs they had, etc. I had 153 w/std track). But, contrary to above, I always pulled ahaed between 60 and 90 mphs. With a good hardpack and no "waffles" in the snow, my F-7 could do 114 stock. Point is, the Rev was to be close last year, and it just was not. Nomatter how you spin it. Maybe this year,.... but I'll keep the f-7 till proven wrong.

P.S. I always noted that my f-7 was cold blooded. Needeed to run it hard for 15-20 minutes before you would really see it come alive. Never did realize why, but you simply couldn't pull the rope and go! It seemed to hesitate and choke even a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
i have out ran the rev a couple time's.
there is no doubt the rev 800 is potent.
but i feel if the firecat was a 800-CC.
it would kill the rev-8. every time with ease.

·
Registered
732 Posts
my dealer sells skidoo and cat and he said that the f7 has more power and it should beat a rev 8 every time, the only time he takes a rev is when he is racing in the 440 clas after that its all cat. that says alot for cat becasue its 100ccs less and its still beating 800s out there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts