Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HERES THE DEAL, IM A LIFE LONG YAMAHA GUY (STILL OWN A 2002 VIPER) BUT THIS YEAR I BOUGHT A F5 SNOW PRO. I LOVE THE FIRECAT AND HAVE HAD ALOT OF FUN SO FAR (700 MILES) THANKS TO THIS SITE THE PROBLEMS HAVE NOT BEEN THAT BIG OF DEAL. THIS WEEKEND I RODE A REV 600H0 X PACKAGE WITH 1.25 TRACK. I AM TOTALLY SOLD, THE THING WAS AWSOME. THE FIRECAT FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION IS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER BUT THE RIDING POSITION ON THE REV MADE ALL THE DIF. IF ANYBODY GETS A CHANCE TO RIDE ONE, TAKE IT I THINK YOU WILL LIKE IT.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Been there, done that. Not good for people with bad knee's. Also feel like you are going over the windshield, and hit my knee's on the dash. Not a good trail sled, but good in the bumps. I will take my 600 zl over it anyday. Firecat. Any size over both! Plus ski-doo sucks!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also think that the one major advantage that the REV has over the Firecat is the riding position. Theoretically, the REV should handle better than any other snowmobile when the rider is in the sit-down riding position. If you do get the new REV, hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I rode one this weekend also and i'm ready to put my firecat up for sale. Well as soon as i get it back from the dealer because the motor blew up this weekend. Good thing my ski-doo still ran this weekend.

·
Registered
930 Posts
They are not for everyone or every riding condition. Some guys really take to them, others find them the strangest feeling thing going. I like jumping on my buddies REV for awhile, but I feel more at home on my traditional Cat. The biggest "complaint" I have with the REV is that you can never just relax on it. On my Cat, I can ride hard and aggressive if I want, but I can also sit back and chill on a nice smooth trail. On the REV, you always are in the "aggressive" ride position. We are going to Quebec next week and I think the REV's advantages will be wasted there and actually turn into disadvantages for 250 mile days on smooth trails at 0F temps.

The REV handles like a dirtbike...very precise turning and easy transition to stand-up riding in the junk. The question everyone has to ask themselves is how often do that want those characteristics versus what traditional sleds bring to the table. I also think the Firecat splits the difference...Marc

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
a friend of mine just bought a 600 ho rev and has not ridden it yet and for some reason has no intention of doing so in the near future so he asked me to ride it for now . seeing my f-5 is going to be down for a bit im taking him up on the offer . ill be posting my non biased opinion of the entire rev when i get about 200 miles on it. ill let ya know ! ^_^

·
Registered
720 Posts
Firecat, Firecat, Firecat Forum!!!!! Get it through your skulls!!!!

Didn't the name www.firecat.info give that away? :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think the REV is a great sled.. IF your knees will take it and you don't mind the over-the-handlebars feeling you get while riding one :lol:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey, to each there own. But I have seen a couple of posts on this site of Rev owners buying Firecats too. ;)

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I think the things look like someone coming down the trail kneeling on a church pew with headlights. UGLY. Of course if it was a cat it would probably be fine.
Cat S.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sorry but revs are the ugliest thing on the snow.... If I were forced own one I would have to get somebody to deliver it for me because I would be ashamed to have that fag machine on my trailer

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IM NOT SAYING IM GOING TO GO OUT AND BUY ONE, IM JUST SAYING I AM SOLD ON THE CONCEPT. I AGREE WITH MARC, THE FIRE CAT IS BETTER IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS BUT THE SAME GOES FOR THE REV. WHERE DO YOU DO MOST OF YOUR RIDING?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I rode the rev-x 600 this weekend. Nice electric feeling motor and the suspension really shined in the woops and snotty stuff but all things considered I'd prefer the all around awesome performance of the F-7 any day of the week.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts