Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Renegade. It has the mobile windshield. EXACTLY what do I need to do to change it to a fixed shield? Ive seen alot of posts but cant get the strait scoop. Also, id like to add a riser or possibly change the bars to a higher set. Is there enough slack in the wiring and cables to do it? Id only be looking at adding a couple inches of rise. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
i added a 3.5" rise on mine and it had enough slack. As for the windshield i added a Cobra Flyscreen and all i had to do was drill 3 holes. it was really easy

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Any fixed windsheild for a rev will work, if you choose a brp one you must also buy a mounting kit, if you choose after market they come with the mounting kit .

As far as riser, on an x you can go all the way to 8 inch without changing the cables, just reroute the brake hose, as far as non X i am not sure

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
i picked up the rox kit with come with a riser and handguards then i picked up the flyscreen separately

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
heres what it looks like

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
the windshield is a mid height i think like 11.5"

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
the windshield is a mid height i think like 11.5"[/b]
Yeah, I did the same thing as you. The Rox mounts are the only way to go for sleds that go from a mobile to fixed windshield because you don't have to cut off the metal mounting tabs from the mobile windshield.

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
I simply removed the mobile windshield put on a cobra flyscreen(you had to drill a few holes in the dash) and put on some powermadd handgaurds. Then I put on non pivot 4" risers from powermadd and tilted the bars themselves forward to get the old position back. I modified the standard powermadd mounting kit by changing the bolts that attached the guards to the mounts to longer ones and tweaking the controls to fit the mounts. It took a little while with the handguards but it all came out good and it all works and looks very good to me.

Here is the whole set up with the 4" risers, flyscreen, and handguards
[attachment=278716:DSCF1957.JPG]
[attachment=278717:DSCF1960.JPG]

Here are the handguard mounts
[attachment=278718:handgaurdleft.JPG]
[attachment=278719:handgaurdright.JPG]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts