Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 600 REV. I tried an F7 last weekend for a while. I was impressed with the power and acceleration. I didn't ride it long enough to form an opinion as an overall trail sled, but it was wicked fast. Didn't like it more than the REV, but now I know why you guys like them so much.

The F7 owner said he liked the way REV rides over the bumps and he liked the seating position. Said it was very comfortable overall.

We both agreed that we would be happy riding either one of them.

·
Registered
745 Posts
hard to ride a rev if you are over 5'6"

·
Registered
199 Posts
ya i got to ride a rev too!! i like it as for as it's cornering ability {no ski lift} but a ditch banger , sorry i'll keep the f7

·
Registered
10 Posts
got a chance to swap sleds for a ride on a rev that I was racing saturday. rev handled great. really handles bumps great in the ditchs. but will stick with my f6. ac forever

·
Registered
575 Posts
Revs suck, I'm 14 y/o, almost 6'0" tall and weigh 150 pounds. Sure its got more nut than my sled, (94 Formula Z 583) but what sled doesn't? I like to ride up close to the gas tank when I ride with my legs folded back behind me. The Rev didn't allow me to do this at all. I Had a huge bruise on each knee from hitting the front every single bump. Then I tried riding back like you are suposed to, no leg room. You have to be short to ride this sled.A little top heavy too, first corner I took into a gas station I tipped it. Can't wait to get my Cat ^_^

·
Registered
305 Posts
rode on Rev 800.... I am 6'2" tall... so Very comfortable on seating positions for great straight long cruise like riding in UP.. but Dislike handling on that for twisty trail...

Very great riding over bumpy... Felt less bumpy than traditional sleds...

But I still likes traditional seating because it is overall.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Skydog, Im with you. Every person has his/her riding style. All these sleds are good, just depends on how you like to ride, or what color you look best in :p .

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Haven't ridden one, but sat on one the other night and I really liked the riding position. I may just have to add the seat wedge to mine so I can sit up a little higher.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can't just jump on any of these sleds and make a honest opinion. I have talked to many on the trails, and you just need some serious seat time on both the firecat and the Rev, even the RX-1. They are not for everyone.

P.S. Handed more Rev's this weekend thier a$$es Sat on the Railroad grade from Indian River back to Gaylord. Nobody had the balls to try to keep up with us in the bumps. After watching the Rev's it seemed they didn't know whether or not they wanted to stand or sit while in the bumps.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm 5'11" and the rev was comfortable for me I still think I'm going to order a 2004 f7 right now I only speed run my srx and i'm battling it out in a 1000ft with some f7"s we go back and forth who wins were really close but I want to buy something for the trails,and I miss my twin I just wish I could ride a f7 on the trail.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey Firecat F7, where are you from? Are you talking about the rail trail and by the Mascoma High School In Enfield/Canaan NH? Whats your name I ride aorund there everyday.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by avrg.joe@Feb 17 2003, 11:49 AM
Skydog, Im with you. Every person has his/her riding style. All these sleds are good, just depends on how you like to ride, or what color you look best in :p .
Exactly......It also has a lot to do with what your used too.....Rev and F-cat are very difficult to ride when you get off the other.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rode rev 600. I am 6'2 and love the way it handles. I like the speed of the firecats f-7 but it's not true that rev's are for small riders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts