Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a REV 800 and want to add a clutch kit for added performance and pull out of the hole. I would like to know what people think about their clutch kits. Do you think that they make a noticable difference? Let me know, I don't want to waste money on something that sucks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Over at Doo talk everyone raves about the clutch kit from Cudney. I'm ordering one for my Rev 800. Their kit comes with new pins primary spring secondary srping and helix. Check their web site for more info.

RevDude :buttrock:

·
Registered
694 Posts
the nice thing about cudney is his service after the sale. if something isn't working like you hoped, you can give bill a call and he's always willing to help.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Originally posted by newtech@Sep 6 2005, 11:30 PM
Cudney's kit is an excellent choice... The performance gains are pretty amazing - it was night and day from stock
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=863812
[/quote]

Same here! :div20:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find that most (clutch kits) are not a fit all. the type of riding , your weight , sled setup have alot to do on how they work. I have spend alot of time testing most of these kits and still will do most of my clutch work with oem parts. most riders just need to change a few springs and that will make a big differance. If anyone wants to spend a day this winter out on the lake to do some testing on clutching , pipes and some parts let me know. this would be in the central maine area. I will bring out my stalker stats radar gun and laptop . makes for an interesting day. will show you that v-force really do work too. Paul at Performance Specialties in Clinton ,Maine.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I'll throw my vote in for Cudney as well, I've had very good luck with his kits in various sleds. I have one on order for my 06 800, he'll have a lake & trail kit.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by 77srx440@Sep 21 2005, 07:44 AM
I find that most (clutch kits) are not a fit all. the type of riding , your weight , sled setup have alot to do on how they work. I have spend alot of time testing most of these kits and still will do most of my clutch work with oem parts. most riders just need to change a few springs and that will make a big differance. If anyone wants to spend a day this winter out on the lake to do some testing on clutching , pipes and some parts let me know. this would be in the central maine area. I will bring out my stalker stats radar gun and laptop . makes for an interesting day. will show you that v-force really do work too.  Paul at Performance Specialties in Clinton ,Maine.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=884988
[/quote]

thats one hell of an offer paul, i wish i didn't live so damn far away :doh:

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Originally posted by 77srx440@Sep 21 2005, 07:44 AM
I find that most (clutch kits) are not a fit all. the type of riding , your weight , sled setup have alot to do on how they work. I have spend alot of time testing most of these kits and still will do most of my clutch work with oem parts. most riders just need to change a few springs and that will make a big differance. If anyone wants to spend a day this winter out on the lake to do some testing on clutching , pipes and some parts let me know. this would be in the central maine area. I will bring out my stalker stats radar gun and laptop . makes for an interesting day. will show you that v-force really do work too.  Paul at Performance Specialties in Clinton ,Maine.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=884988
[/quote]
This has been tossed around for a few years but by the time winter comes it always seems like everyone is busy riding.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT CUDNEY CLUTCH KIT HE TOLD ME TO CHANGE MY RINGS TO O5 RINGS THEN INSTALL CLUTCH KIT ADD REED SPACERS AND ADD A NEW SLEEPER HEAD AND I WILL SEE A BIG CHANGE IN MY 03 800 REV.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT CUDNEY CLUTCH KIT HE TOLD ME TO CHANGE MY RINGS TO O5 RINGS THEN INSTALL CLUTCH KIT ADD REED SPACERS AND ADD A NEW SLEEPER HEAD AND I WILL SEE A BIG CHANGE IN MY 03 800 REV.

My question is you said add reed spacer but i think it's change reed spacer 1/2 for 1/4 of an inch spacer , is it that ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The 03 rev did not come with reed spacers ,i added them my self. A friend of mine also has a 03 rev ,before i added the spacers the sleds were same speed from bottom to top end .Both of us are about the same weight ,after adding the spacers i would pull him out of the hole by at least 3 to 4 sled and at the end of the old air strip i would be around 8 to 10 sled lengths a head of him.Cudney told me to change the 1/2 to a1/4 and i should gain about 3hp.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by PAT@Sep 27 2005, 02:39 PM
My question is you said add reed spacer but i think it's change reed spacer 1/2 for 1/4 of an inch spacer , is it that  ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=895649
[/quote]

pat, 03 800's did not have reed spacers, they didn't use them untill '04 with the introduction of the 800 h.o. and they were the 1/2 spacer you mentioned :div20:

·
Registered
98 Posts
the 04/05ho's came with 1/4" spacers. I checked my buddies 05 ho. I purchased 1/4" spacers to add to my 03 800. It's said to open up the rear boost ports. :beerchug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts