Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
been looking around on ebay to see what my shock options are. i can pay nearly 800 cdn for 2 new non adjustable fox zero pros which are ok, but would prefer a clicker for the rear skid shock.

the rear clicker option for my sled will be about 700 cdn new for just the rear skid shock.

so, i been looking at used options from newer sleds and im curious would this one work?i think it should but want to be certain. its a clicker walker evans from the 14'assault. says 16.75 eye to eye. my rmk edge manual says extended length of the rear is 16.71 oem, 10.96 collapsed.

will this walker work in my old edge rmk 144 ?

2014 POLARIS RMK 800 ASSAULT WALKER EVANS PIGGY BACK REAR SKID REAR SHOCK | eBay

front track shock from manual is 12.51 extended, 8.92 collapsed.will this fit my edge rmk ?

NEW WALKER EVANS FRONT TRACK SHOCK 2011-17 POLARIS PRO RMK 600 800 7044341 | eBay

thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
3,356 Posts
If the extended and compressed lengths are the same they should work. You might have to play around with mounting bushings and spacers. Also the valving could be way off and might need adjusted for your liking.

·
Registered
44,410 Posts
been looking around on ebay to see what my shock options are. i can pay nearly 800 cdn for 2 new non adjustable fox zero pros which are ok, but would prefer a clicker for the rear skid shock.

the rear clicker option for my sled will be about 700 cdn new for just the rear skid shock.

so, i been looking at used options from newer sleds and im curious would this one work?i think it should but want to be certain. its a clicker walker evans from the 14'assault. says 16.75 eye to eye. my rmk edge manual says extended length of the rear is 16.71 oem, 10.96 collapsed.

will this walker work in my old edge rmk 144 ?

2014 POLARIS RMK 800 ASSAULT WALKER EVANS PIGGY BACK REAR SKID REAR SHOCK | eBay

front track shock from manual is 12.51 extended, 8.92 collapsed.will this fit my edge rmk ?

NEW WALKER EVANS FRONT TRACK SHOCK 2011-17 POLARIS PRO RMK 600 800 7044341 | eBay

thanks guys.
You need to be careful on the physical size.....diameter of the walker rear skid shock...too large vs a fox or ryde the shock can damage your track or even the rear skid torque arm. If trying, i'd cycle the rear arm first to be sure it clear everything. You then have the track to worry about if nothing on the shock rubs it.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to be careful on the physical size.....diameter of the walker rear skid shock...too large vs a fox or ryde the shock can damage your track or even the rear skid torque arm. If trying, i'd cycle the rear arm first to be sure it clear everything. You then have the track to worry about if nothing on the shock rubs it.
id have no way to check that until after i buy it, so i guess its better to pass on them then.i figured if it fit on the poo 144 chassis in 11' it should fit the 144 in the edge, but i guess thats not necessarily true.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the extended and compressed lengths are the same they should work. You might have to play around with mounting bushings and spacers. Also the valving could be way off and might need adjusted for your liking.
i wouldnt mind sending them out to be revalved if i knew it would fit and clear everything ok. not sure on the compressed and extended length.

when oems measure the extended length, are thet talking eye to eye or is it a different measurement?

·
Registered
44,410 Posts
id have no way to check that until after i buy it, so i guess its better to pass on them then.i figured if it fit on the poo 144 chassis in 11' it should fit the 144 in the edge, but i guess thats not necessarily true.
Yeah, without comparing both shocks side by side, all your doing is guessing they may or may not fit. Believe me i've been there, and been burned.

·
Registered
44,410 Posts
i wouldnt mind sending them out to be revalved if i knew it would fit and clear everything ok. not sure on the compressed and extended length.

when oems measure the extended length, are thet talking eye to eye or is it a different measurement?
Its not only the shocks extended length eye to eye, but fully collapse length eye to eye. I once installed a front track shock that was perfect when extended eye to eye, but too long when it was fully collapsed. The result....a badly bent front torque arm.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Its not only the shocks extended length eye to eye, but fully collapse length eye to eye. I once installed a front track shock that was perfect when extended eye to eye, but too long when it was fully collapsed. The result....a badly bent front torque arm.
shit. well that makes sense then.i was assuming if it was full length the same , collapsed should be as well.

well thanks for that info too slow. maybe ill just stick with new oem clicker or go fox zero pros for my application and avoid the headaches trying to save a few bucks.

the clicker on the 05 switchback should fit the 05 rmk though for sure id guess?

edit;yep, same part number.

7042176 ' .the oem rear track shock clicker. e-z adjust'

608 bucks shipped with taxes cad.

the fox non clicker zero pros both front and rear track shocks i can get 750 cad shipped and taxes.

ive owned both previously.the zero pros were not bad at all.clickers always better though imo.tough call.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

yep.said the hell with it and ordered a brand new oem clicker shock that came on my old switchback for the rear track shock.. now ill just shop for a decent front track shock.might go zero pro for that one most likely.

ordered a oem driveshaft bearing while i was at it. gonna do it might as well do it right.

the oem clicker brand is ryde fx. pics below were from when i re did my switchback skid and had em out to rebuild.one i ordered is the same one.

aaaapolaris 7042176 shock2.jpg
aaaaaapolaris 7042176 shock.jpg

·
Registered
44,410 Posts
Don't know how true, but i've heard from others the fox rear track clicker is a better performing shock than the ryde. I can tell you the front track shock whether a fox, or ryde perform the same. Imo, the ryde is more reliable. Every fox rear track clicker on my sleds had issues. I've blown those fox clickers out more than twice.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't know how true, but i've heard from others the fox rear track clicker is a better performing shock than the ryde. I can tell you the front track shock whether a fox, or ryde perform the same. Imo, the ryde is more reliable. Every fox rear track clicker on my sleds had issues. I've blown those fox clickers out more than twice.
rode fine on the switchback.i dont think its on the same level as the newer ones, but did good.

now im wondering if i just fucked my track.came off nightshift not really paying attention and i was porting the track and noticed i came real close to a window.hope she holds.what ya think ?
tp1.jpg
tp2.jpg

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Ryde and Fox are basically the same internally. Any difference in ride is the valve stack.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup, as far as the valving you really can't tell any difference in ride. Imo, the ryde shocks proved to be more reliable.
the walker shocks on my d7 are awesome. wish they fit the edge id have picked those up for it.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
conservative port job on the cobra.one behind each center lug(every 3rd row).port this one was a breeze to the other one.burned through the cobra like butter.
AAcobra1.jpg
AAcobra2.jpg

·
Registered
17,181 Posts
fwiw,
blew out the walker clicker rear shock in my 2011 SBA, replaced it with a Fox clicker from a 07 FST switchback 144.
Difference between SBA and RMK = rmk got a coilover on the rear arm IIRC while the SBA has the regular torsion spring setup

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fwiw,
blew out the walker clicker rear shock in my 2011 SBA, replaced it with a Fox clicker from a 07 FST switchback 144.
Difference between SBA and RMK = rmk got a coilover on the rear arm IIRC while the SBA has the regular torsion spring setup
these are the walker 'needle'shocks.if that maters.apparently they were race department shocks from the factory in 07'

·
Registered
44,410 Posts
fwiw,
I've blow out my fox clicker too many times to remember. Seems any shock fox manufactures for sleds just don't stand up. When they work their good.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts