Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Governor has issued an order that no restaurants will be open for dine in effective 6PM today. Make sure to factor that in to your riding plans!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Im packing my own groceries. Not letting a little flu bug ruin shit for me

This whole fucing thing is getting media hyped big time. Is ordering somebody to shut down their business even legal? I saw where one restaurant -bar said screw that Im staying open. Go ahead and sue me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Pittston farm just canceled my reservations for the weekend. Now I'm looking for a cabin with a kitchen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
785 Posts
Im packing my own groceries. Not letting a little flu bug ruin shit for me

This whole fucing thing is getting media hyped big time. Is ordering somebody to shut down their business even legal? I saw where one restaurant -bar said screw that Im staying open. Go ahead and sue me.
I think it’s a little overkill too but whatever. I don’t notice any difference in my day to day besides the fact I can’t get a damn dust mask for work to sand my bondo,paint,welds etc. just been using a paint mask oh well more money for the boss to shell out.

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
Restaurants around here (central nh) are offering curbside and the gov ssid they can give you booze fir take out. Well, beer snd wine.

I’d jst call if you go. See if rest are doing curbside too. Don’t think it’s supposed to be real cold up there. Crazy good riding in very Norther Maine. Did 470 miles this past sat am until 2:00 on Sunday. Did not rush our meals and breaks.

You guys have fun. Prob won’t be s ton of people up there. Last weekend was just medium traffic in bigger towns, not much in smaller towns.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Highly likely if we don't cap the spread as much as possible that sick people will literally not have a hospital bed available to them in 3-4 weeks. By then it is too late for changes.

Im hoping it caps and we get pissed a few weeks out thinking it was all overreacting....that would be awesome...but Id be shocked if it goes that way. The trend up on the spread is explosive unfortunately.

Now if assholes would just stop hoarding shit they don't need.....that is stupid.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife and I were considering a trip to the county to end the season. Now we're riding out of the Millinocket house mostly due to the food situation. We might need to trailer out of town but if we had gone to the county we'd have to trailer to there anyway....

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think it’s a little overkill too but whatever. I don’t notice any difference in my day to day besides the fact I can’t get a damn dust mask for work to sand my bondo,paint,welds etc. just been using a paint mask oh well more money for the boss to shell out.
Just lost my 58 year old best friend. His 27 year son has it too. Be wise and be serious. Stop listening to 24hr news. This is real and will get worse.

I cannot even go to his funeral.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just lost my 58 year old best friend. His 27 year son has it too. Be wise and be serious. Stop listening to 24hr news. This is real and will get worse.

I cannot even go to his funeral.
Sorry for your loss and hope his son gets better soon.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
RIP.

Continue to be safe. Hope this Malaria drug or something else is found to help.

Could be a game changer !

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
So sorry sfg ! Too young !
What state ? Any lung or health issues before this ?
We will pray for his son. Damn. :(

Reactions: EvilBird

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
Riding was soooooooooooooo good there last week-end. Uggggh.

Today never got that hot here in cent NH. They said high 60’s and we prob didn’t break 50. Surely still still kick azz in Northern ME.

·
Registered
479 Posts
So, I'll go on a bit of a rant...outdoor activities will keep us all from going bonkers. So, you can't get on your sled and ride with a helmet on in parts unknown in Northern Maine?

The person in the groomer, inside the cab is not going to get the virus. Sledders are not going to get the virus. BYOF, keep your 6' distance and we should be fine?

Could someone with the virus, touch something that someone else touches, that gets someone infected? Yes...probability in Northern Maine....0000005%.

The people who say, "don't go anywhere" maybe are those who stocked up on 2 weeks of meat from Hannaford, so no one else could get any? They also are unemployed.

SMH...

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
This won't be over in two weeks. Keep riding. Keep your sanity. Im out of work until 4/1 but I'm supposed to be self quarantining so I'm not sure if I'll squeak any riding in. Thinking about the Allagash for next week

My daughter got a covid-19 test yesterday as a precaution and they won't even have the results until Tuesday because they aren't processing the tests on weekends. You can't make this shit up. The doctor said "I don't understand the logic, I guess its only a crisis during the week" WTF?

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This won't be over in two weeks. Keep riding. Keep your sanity.

We are! May need to trailer out of town but plan to enjoy the last of what the Millinocket area has to offer.

As far as the last line - I can't keep what I never had!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts