Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Rob,

100 % agree! While a person is at it, check all the bolts in the rear skid. I found the rear arm mounting bolt & 2 cross-shaft bolts that needed tightening also. BTW: My sled still has 0 miles on it.
-John

·
Registered
321 Posts
While preping my Snopro for the first race I found that 6 out of 10 bolts thru-out the entire sled were not tight. While aligning the front ski's I found tie-rod ends loose along with the idler to the steering post.

Rear suspension seemed to have more tight then the motor area. 8-10

Take a hour and a set of sockets and go over your entire sled. It's well worth it..

Chip
www.snowcross.net

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Thanks for the "warning" Chip. Sheeze... making sure all the nuts & bolts are tight from the factory... now THAT takes real 21st century rocket science. Good thing Cat doesn't design and build... oh, never mind. -- Roy

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The front suspension bolts aren't really long enough. The lock nut isn't "fully" on the bolt. I purchase longer bolts and put them in.

Problem solved.

·
Registered
79 Posts
AC has two kits that are part of a new S B. The first is the two lower blocks on the steering. they are replaced with black ones that are thicker and made of steel. many people are saying that they have broken them or found them broken. ( get to your dealer soon !!!!) next is the coil flip kit. Then we have the bolts that replace the ones that rob is pointing to in his pictures. the new ones are free from the dealer and they even install them.( they have too!!!) they are a 1/4" longer. they take the two small ones out at the tip of rails and also the ones by your feet. All the parts are to be replaced by your dealer, that's what Ac pays them to do.All the parts are to be replaced by your dealer, that's what AC pays them to do. ^_^ :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I learned this out the hard way. Went for a ride in the UP this weekend and the front right footwell one fell out and the back ones were loose :( . Luckily I caught it in time but I was in the middle of the trail and had to take a bolt out of one of my boyge wheels and put it in the hole to get home. I am now going to locktite all of my suspension bolts.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Just finished looking over my suspension and notice one of the bolts missing too. It was the bolt on the right in Rob's lower picture above. I had gone over all the bolts when then sled was new.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is a great post, I just purchased an F5 Sno Pro and I am going to Munising at the end of the month. I will be sure to check all mine. Thanks.

Brandon

·
Registered
83 Posts
Why do you think Cat issued service bulletins, You guys need to do these, the bolts for the rear suspension up , the front two are too short, better check in to the bulletins.

·
Registered
28 Posts
there are bulletins out for both these issues. you sould return to your dealer to have this taken care of. sorry to the guy who had zero miles. poor setup by your dealership period, no excuse for that. after you take delivery you should go over your sled before each ride. read your preride ispection checklist in your owners manual. it has a very good list to follow.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well, Add to that the case that the Rear Suspension bolts are WEAK. I had one give 'way last weekend. The bolt on the right side (sitting on sled) on the rear suspension (between tunnel brace) was missing. Well, we tried to thread a new one in, and low&Behold, the damn thing broke off right in the shaft. Had to remove shaft, Reverse the bolt out, and replace with GRADE8 Bolts (came with grade5) More of a pain in the ass because I aint got a garage in my house, just my drive-through trailer, and with -10Fah temps, the HEATER DIDNT DO SHITE.

Never worked so FAST in my WHOLE LIFE. Finish it FAST. Check them, and check them REGULARLY while RIDING. Cats dont like that bolt missing :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts