Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step #1- Remove the expansion chamber #2- Cut the two cable ties securing the coil to the chassis .#3- Remove the spark plug caps from the spark plugs , then remove the pto side spark plug cap from the high tension lead wire . #4- disconnect the orange and black wires that connect the coil to the cdi box . #5- remove the coil assembly , then rotate the coil 180 degrees with the high tension leads facing downward . #6- Route the high tension leads in front of the coolant hose so they are located between the coolant hose and the engine . NOTE: make sure the pto side high tension lead is routed in front of the steering post . #7- position the coil in the chassis mounting location , then secure the coil to the chassis with two cable ties . #8- connect the black and orange wires . #9- install the pto side spark plug cap onto the high tension lead , then install the spark plug caps onto the spark plugs . #10- install the expansion chamber . These are exact instructions word for word from arctic cat . I found that it did not work , through trial and error i found this way to work flawlessly , keep the high tension leads on top , rotate the coil so the writing is towards the silencer , i did this without unhooking the black and orange wires and with the pipe still on , it only takes a couple of minutes and it worked for me . :D

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have not had one thing go wrong with my F 7 and got all most 700 miles on it, But it is going in monday for all the updates, and a new snow flap for free, oh wait I did have 1 end cap nut loose.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reached 1000 miles with no problems until the day i was taking it in for the updates and a smart valve went with just over 1000 miles . It went when i was loading it on the truck , lol .

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by Hermanator2@Jan 16 2003, 03:12 PM
I found it easier to leave the coil in place and reposition the machine 180 degrees
Herminator, that's a good idea... I never thought of that! Just one question; did you just rotate the sled -- front to back, or did you actually flip the sled upside down??? Thanks! -- Roy

·
Registered
298 Posts
hey snowman, when your done should you be able to read the numbers printed on the coil through the frame? is rotating 180 degrees flipping top to bottom or front to back? thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes you should be able to read the numbers through the frame . yes just roll it keeping the the high tension leads on top , this has worked great for me .

·
Registered
298 Posts
thanks for the help. this was supposed to have been done when i had the sled in for service. said they did it on the bill i guess it was just to much trouble. not bad they billed a/c 2.5 hours to put on some bolts that took 15 minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts