Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man i will tell ya the reporting of actual snow fall or riding for new york has been pathetic lately...Does anyone know what has fallen so far in what areas or a link for it? I know we are all holding our breath till the storm breaks, where have the bands of LE set up? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
planning to drop in Barnes Corners in the morning Monday if I-81 is passable....will have camera and I'll post a full report

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
planning to drop in Barnes Corners in the morning Monday if I-81 is passable....will have camera and I'll post a full report[/b]

You are the Man!!!! Will look forward to your report as usual!!! Thanks and have fun!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been on "The Hill" since Friday afternoon and I can tell you that in and around Barnes Corners we have only received approx 6" of snow all weekend. Myself and 2 of the other groomer drivers met this afternoon and we all agreed there is not enough snow for us to groom just yet. Now keep in mind that most of what we got is lake effect so snow fall amount varies greatly from town to town. From what I see on the weather radar Oswego County is getting hit pretty hard and I received a phone call at 6pm telling me 81 south was closed south of Mexico. Tonight and tomorrow may be a different story but for now there is no clear cut answer.

·
Registered
241 Posts
81 is closed right now. We dropped just north of the Grist Mill today and I had to break trail through about 2.5 feet of powder for about 10 miles until we got to Williamstown. There is decent snow cover all the way from Parish to the lower end of the hill. We rode over to Cedar Pines and ate lunch and then turned around because it was snowing so hard you could barely see 15 feet in front of you. Get back to the truck and drive 5mph (could not see and on the way pulled a broad out of a snowbank) back to 81 to find out it was closed. It took at least 1.5 hours to drive 20 miles south on RT11 to get to Cicero (no snow at all here).

All in all it was a good day. Besides pulling the chick out of a snowbank, I even ripped some poor guys door off his jeep because his wife/girlfriend opened it in a gas station parking lot as my trailer was coming by. My trailer is covered with snow, but from what I can tell there is absolutely no damage to my trailer.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thanks for all the reports guys!!

Is it possible to drop at the Grist Mill? I read earlier that the trails weren't marked anymore.

Keep the cold and snow coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts