Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the secret to removing the ski handles on the pilot 5.7 ski's.
It looks like there rivited on but my new white ones did'nt come with any
new ones so im guessing that i have to reuse whats holding the factory yellow ones on.
Whats up with this?

·
Registered
140 Posts
From what I understand, the old rivets must be drilled out using a special tool that holds the rivets from spinning. I had to replace a ski on my brand new 600sdi adrenaline because someone either at the factory or at the dealer put a big gouge/notch in the side of it. Brought it to the dealer and they had to drill my loop off to put it on the new ski using the special tool, then they just used a regular rivet gun and new rivets to put the loop on the new ski. As far as I Know, the rivets are only availible from ski doo. If I had my way I would just have bolts in there, like the cats have.

·
Registered
507 Posts
just changed mine...drill out the old rivets...i used a small mol bit. then go to your dealer and by the correct rivets. you need 8 of them to be exact. its easier if someone helps you, that way you can have someone hold a piece of wood at one side of the ski while you hammer the rivet in on the other side. the rivets are not pressed in like a regular rivet. takes about 10 minutes if that long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.