Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SWITCHBACK PRO-S 800
135 Posts
I believe the lithium battery does not do very well in the cold. The battery in the picture says for Motorcycles and ATVS. I don't think a snowmobile is considered ATV. I looked into a lithium battery and I believe there only good for -10c/14f.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I believe there OK in the cold, several folks use them in sleds(many members here on this site too)
and very happy due to the weight savings they can have!
but you really need to make sure you use the correct charger/maintainer if you use them, or risk damage to battery and possibly sled electronic's!
and some times they need a new battery tray as they can be a lot smaller than factory battery!

most all lithium battery's are fine in the cold, but they some times need to warm up to work, meaning you have to TRY top start things a few times, to get juices flowing int battery itself, as you work the battery, it builds heat and power!
but other wise they actually last longer in cold temps, and don't self drain as basic battery;'s do

·
Registered
19SKS850,17Assault815BCX.13BCX,to96XCR6;-} Six Star:Lodge At HWL
260 Posts
I have been running WPS lithium batteries for awhile now. Super light weight for sure. They work just as normal battery would once the sled is started on cold mornings. If you dont have a pull cord then these batteries are not for you at all. Very cold mornings you will have to pull as battery just doesnt have enough to get it done. After that first start the battery will work as normal.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been running WPS lithium batteries for awhile now. Super light weight for sure. They work just as normal battery would once the sled is started on cold mornings. If you dont have a pull cord then these batteries are not for you at all. Very cold mornings you will have to pull as battery just doesnt have enough to get it done. After that first start the battery will work as normal.
Okay thanks for the feed back, yeah I got a pull cord so I’m good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I run the WPS Firepower Featherlight lithium. Let me know if you want a quote on one. If sticking with the AGM I find Yussa to be very good batteries. .
Okay thank you, I’ll probably just end up going with the yussa, I don’t care about weight and I’m cheap lol

·
Vendor
4,837 Posts
Okay thank you, I’ll probably just end up going with the yussa, I don’t care about weight and I’m cheap lol

I can quote one of those if you would like.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
10,631 Posts
you have to wake up lithium battery's in the cold. bump the starter but don't start it. wait 30 sec. to a minute. and try to start. if it won't repeat the above. i have no problem with these down to 25 below zero. if you try to start without doing the above it could hurt the battery. we WPS fire power lithium battery's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts