Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My current snowmobile right now is a 97 Polaris 800 Storm. Its a fast triple/triple machine, will get me to 100 miles per hour no problem. It has crazy acceleration, but then again this is all I have been used too. I have heard so much good and bad about this first year 03 firecat. But enough good to convince me to make a decision.

My main reason for upgrading to a an F7, is I want a machine that has the power my 800 does, but not the weight attached to it. My sled weighs in dry at 565 pounds! The firecat is a measly 435 pounds, which is 130 pounds lighter than my machine. Thats a substantial difference. My self I weigh about 145-150 pounds so the weight of me and the firecat is almost as much as my current sled. Amazing!

After reading so many posts its clear this 700 rips! It is a rocket and handles great, has a light feel and nice suspension. The only other sled I have compared the firecat to is the rev 600/800. I know these machines are great in there own way and handle awesome. I am just not sure if I will like the rider position. It will make you a better a rider but then again so can the firecat in so many different ways. I think this is what attracks me to the firecat, its a good machine in so many aspects of a snowmobile.

I am thinking of waiting until 2004 to see what is changed. Will there be many changes? Will these problems from the dealers be fixed? Tell me what you think I should do. Will I be happy with this machines power coming from my triple?

Convince me I am making the right choice...

Thanks,
Circa

·
Registered
593 Posts
THE F7 RIPS.. IT IS THE ONLY SLED THAT CAN POUND DOWN THE TRAILS AND THEN GET OUT ON THE LAKE AND BEAT BIGGER TRIPPLES IN DRAGS. iT HAD IT PROBLEMS BECAUSE IT IS ITS FIRST YEAR, NEXT YEART ALL THE BUGS ARE GOING TO BE WORKED OUT AND THEIR GOIUNG TO BE EVEN BETTER.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
DON'T BUY THE F-7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Untill you do some serious wieght training with you hands and arms. You'll go right off the back of the f-7 if you think the storm pulls :p . My F-7 SP is by far the best sled I've ever riden. Go for it!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
there is only a month or two left in this season, wait for the 04, you can snowcheck it and probaly get some perks in the spring! after looking at the f-6 at the dealer, i dont see many changes!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Guys buying F7 snow pro's right now for $7200 out the door and standards for $6700 with registration.

I don't see how much cheaper you can get next year than that. Pretty much a fact that they won't change anything major for next year.

Hell of a lot of machine for the $$ these days IMHO. Good time to buy as ever.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'd like to clarify on the weight- it's not 435, more like 460-470 dry. However, it's DAMN light when you're riding it!! Once you give up that beast you'll ask yourself why you didn't do it sooner!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Allow me to enlighten you.
I used to own a 96 storm. Yeah, that sled hauled ass, but it was fricken heavy and kept me busy in the shop. I have owned 3 new sleds since it and they all have been twins.
Make sure that a twin is what you want because there is a huge difference between the feel and sound of the triples.
If you want a twin, the 700 Firecat kicks fricken ass. I have one and love it.
The lightness and the arm stretching power is amazing.
It is great to work on and feels wonderful. The riding posistion, to me, is way better than the revs. I have a rev too. I would much rather jump on the firecat.
I bought my f7 in mid jan, and the sled has been great to me.
I would not think twice about buying one.

PS, it will not have the top end power that your storm does though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that the top end of the Polaris Storm would be now comparable to the F7. I realy wouldn't be suprized if the firecat went over and above the storms top end. I am sure it would...

You guys have m convinved! Thank you so much for you comments. I am gonna look for a firecat right away....

I am thinking the best thing to do would be to wait and see what 04 has in store. When will the new firecats be released? I know its the end of this month but does anyone have an exact date?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Some have had problems some havent.....BUT you could take an F7 with a blown engine and a good F7......Hook the tow rope to the dead one and the good one will still Pull on your storm.
I dont own one but i've ridden a couple on the trail and lake and one thing cant be debated.....they really rip.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Originally posted by Circa@Feb 11 2003, 06:16 PM
I think that the top end of the Polaris Storm would be now comparable to the F7. I realy wouldn't be suprized if the firecat went over and above the storms top end. I am sure it would...

You guys have m convinved! Thank you so much for you comments. I am gonna look for a firecat right away....

I am thinking the best thing to do would be to wait and see what 04 has in store. When will the new firecats be released? I know its the end of this month but does anyone have an exact date?
I believe the release date is febuary 23 or real close to it....best bet is to stop in and check for the exact dates with your dealer....then again if you bought an 03 you could have 500 miles or more on the machine by that time.

Own a F7 sno pro and love it....1450 miles and counting...not one problem by the way

1 - 19 of 19 Posts