Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INTERESTED IN BUYING A NEW RENEGADE. WORRIED THAT A STD. GADE IS NOT ENOUGH SUSPENSION. I SEE BIG MOGALS I GAS IT. 50 MPH. WILL A STD. GADE HANDLE THAT ABUSE OR SHOULD I LOOK FOR A X. I CURRENTLY RIDE A CAT CROSS CROUNTRY THAT CAN REALLY TAKE THE POUNDING, BUT I WANT A LONG TRACK WITH REVERSE.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I have the standard Gade and it handles the bumps just fine, suspension is the same with the exception of the X-Shocks that are rebuildable and the stockers are not. I did put the X-Package bars and stuff on mine but the rest is bone stock, I can say that I have never been on a sled that rides this nice and smooth

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOW MUCH TO CHANGE THE BARS OVER? DID YOU DOO IT OR THE DEALER? LOOK AT A NEW 600SDI X TODAY 9100 OTD IS SORTA HARD TO SWALLOW. I CAN GET A STD. FOR 8000 OTD.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well thats a difference of only $1100.oo Already you want the x bars and next will be the windshield then the rear springs could be a little stiffer and the hand guards gotta have those , and if you've been pricing these parts then just have a look at how much a full set of x shocks are compared to the other ones . Well now you have just saved a ton of money in upgrades to your std. gade and got a kick ass sled to boot enjoy your "X" :div20:

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Originally posted by SE3SPORTS@Oct 11 2005, 12:08 PM
HOW MUCH TO CHANGE THE BARS OVER? DID YOU DOO IT OR THE DEALER? LOOK AT A NEW 600SDI X TODAY 9100 OTD IS SORTA HARD TO SWALLOW. I CAN GET A STD. FOR 8000 OTD.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922201
[/quote]

i paid 8200 last year for mine(no sales tax here) but that was ordering it once your in season they are rare and costly. X seat is more comfortable, handlbars and shocks are a lot better.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Mine is a standard 05 800 gade with P-Tek and I got it for $8100 and then added the extras on, Bars ,riser, handgaurds,skid plate, shock socks, studs, tunnel bag, and knee pads OTD with everything was $9150 and he threw in a spare belt and plugs and a gallon of oil

·
Registered
2 Posts
[attachment=116094:attachment]I've been lookin at this 800 power-tek but can't find too much info on it....i've got one on hold but i'm looking for some last minute advice, hope i ain't buyin a lemon ... i've been trying to decide if i should just order an sdi600 and wait a bit longer, i'm heading back to the shop to pick it up monday, hope its not a mistake...

:dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have an '05 gadeX 800ho Ptech.As fa as I am concerned,it is the best 800 out there.It gets almost as good fuel mileage as the 600sdi,and the chrome rings and improved cylinders.I love mine,and cant wait for snow.
Rich

·
Registered
694 Posts
p-tek is a great motor, 3200 miles last year without so much as a burp out of it. not a ton faster than a 600sdi imo but has arm stretching torque that you don't feel on the 6's.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you are going to keep the sled for a few years, I would buy a X . Better resale and better shocks.I had a 05 Renegade 800 X loved it. I now have a 1000 Renegade X and a 550F X ( I won it) Just look at the two models, the X just look's better.Either way you win because you bought a SkiDoo. :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you are really gonna pound it GET THE "X". My last two have been "X"'s and they take a pounding. I think the harder you pound them, the better they ride. And that way you won't be buying stuff later and adding it on or wishing you had it. :beerchug: :beerchug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts