Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when reinstalling y pipe on cf 700 do I need to replace gasket or reseal with anything to prevent leakage?

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
when reinstalling y pipe on cf 700 do I need to replace gasket or reseal with anything to prevent leakage?[/b]
If the gasket did not rip use it Ok. DO not put ANY black silcon crap anywhere near that flange, against the jug.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
If the gasket did not rip use it Ok. DO not put ANY black silcon crap anywhere near that flange, against the jug.[/b]
Hmmmm, funny I have never put mine back on without Ultra Copper high temp silicone. Put a bead over the flanges and let it setup before re-installing the Y-pipe....no oil blow-by and no issues otherwise. Use the same flanges over and over. Curious why you suggest no silicone......

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Factory uses orange high temp silicone ??

·
Registered
54 Posts
i think i might know why. is because (i heard) that synthetic fluids eat anything silicone.
i put the copper stuff on as well after my y-pipe came off and went back on.
my quad 2-stroke on the other hand i rebuilt and used the silicone gasket maker and and the same problem in the same spot. and i use synthetic in it...my $.02

·
Registered
388 Posts
I use high temp silicon for my y-pipe, I even used it on the donut on the y-pipe becuase I was getting some oil splatter, never had any problems, just have to make sure all the parts are clean...use break clean or something similar to clean up any oil residue on your parts before you put silicone on them.

One time I was rebuilding a Doo GT 600 and I was sent the wrong gaskets for the cylinders so I made a set out of file folders and coated them with high temp silicone and the sled never had a problem. I have used this method many times because who the hell wants 2-4 more weeks down time for a frigin gasket?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts