Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove the riser from my 03 F-cat ,but the throttle cable threads through it. The service manual calls for a special tool to release the cable from the handle bar part of the lever assy. Is there a way around the tool, or should I just take it off of the throttle body end.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I rerouted my throttle cable when I added an isovibe and a 5.5" riser, all i did was get a needle nose pliers and grab the T shaped piece attached to the throttle. It should pop right out.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a grove in the metal ferrel on the cable housing that engages into something in the throttle housing itself.You can't just pull it through. I'm not talking about the T on the cable itself that hooks in the lever. The service manual calls for a special tool, but I'm wondering if there's a way to relese it without the tool. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
on fcat's.. they don't have a clip like the older sleds.... now I forget.. I think its just a snap in place now..

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it. There's a little metal tang in there that I pushed up with a very thin pic tool to release the cable. Then you can pull it through. Be careful not to pull on the cable too hard before you release it, or the tang will bend, and make it even harder to release. :banana:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts