Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new cover to replace my ripped seat. I am having trouble figuring out how to seperate the seat from the gas tank. I removed the nuts in the rear stowe, and can lift the seat up, bu :help: t can't pull it from the tank? Has anyone done this, and how'd ya do it???java script:emoticon(':help:')
smilie

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
the seat doesnt completely seperate from the tank. you have to drain the gas and take off the gas line from the tank. then you pull the complete unit out. you also have to remove the console with the key switch. the gas tank and seat bas are one complete unit. you take all the staples out and the seat is off. heres a diagram.

its from a 98 zr

[attachment=104124:attachment]

·
Registered
711 Posts
Originally posted by jordan123@Oct 12 2005, 03:30 PM
the seat doesnt completely seperate from the tank. you have to  drain the gas and take off the gas line from the tank. then you pull the complete unit out. you also have to remove the console with the key switch. the gas tank and seat bas are one complete unit. you take all the staples out and the seat is off. heres a diagram.
its from a 98 zr
[attachment=104124:attachment]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924914
[/quote]

Excatly what he said, there is also a couple of screws towards the tank as well! :div20:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, they don't make it easy! Good thing it is still October, < Did I really just say that??? Thanks for the quick help!

·
Registered
632 Posts
If its anything like my sled I wanted to remove my seat because of rips in it and found out its connected to the gas tank. So you gotta remove the whole gas tank assembly to remove your seat. Thats how is it with mine and its only a years difference from yours.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Originally posted by gerberzr@Oct 13 2005, 03:39 PM
If its anything like my sled I wanted to remove my seat because of rips in it and found out its connected to the gas tank. So you gotta remove the whole gas tank assembly to remove your seat. Thats how is it with mine and its only a years difference from yours.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927501
[/quote]

Horrible design, isn't it?! :wut60:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts