Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My starter got wet , probably corroded insides , I want to remove and clean , however it appears I need to remove clutch to get at two bolts. Has anyone done this and how does clutch come off?

I am brand new to forum and think its great!! Hope someone can help?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Big Dog! I ordered one today - anything I should know about clutch removal I have never taken one off before , however I am willing to try - don't want to break anything. Thanks again from an "Old Dog".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I completed disassembly by pulling clutch to get at the bolt behind the flywheel of the clutch. In order to get starter out however, I also had to remove the exhaust manifold as starter would not fit between cooling hose and exhaust manifold. Reassembly was a cinch and I was told clutch was to be torqued to 55 lbs. Also to remove exhaust manifold it was more expedient to remove exhaust valve assemblys. I found that mine were very dirty and carboned up which surprised me cause my machine has only 1500 miles on it and I run only Polaris synthetic VES injection oil. I run regular gas however , 87 octane. Should I be running something different for better performance and maintenance? Hope to hear from some on this. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Really any sled newer than 2001 should run premium gas at least 93 octane !an never any ethanol base gas.
frum like Mohawk or any other place with ethanol fule!
ull really notice the difference if you havent ran premium in it ever wow!!add octane booter as well if yea want .i do it evey tank! an if yea wana turn that 700 in to 900 for a ride or so mix 1/2 premium an 1/2 avation gas wont hurt the machine an it will scream!!!!!!!cost bout 10$canadian a gallon u can get it frum any air port!!have fun !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. This is my first machine with this VES technology and the capability of using reg. or premium gas as the motor is supposed to adjust timing automatically to type of gas used. Is there anything particularly good to clean the VES valves with? I just used carb cleaner and varsol and scraped and sanded with 220 grit sandpaper until clean and smooth. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.