Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you get the farthest shock out of the rear suspension? i can`t get that last bolt out on the bottom, since it is squeezed between the idler`s. does anyone know how to get that bolt out? or know of that website that shows a diagram of it?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
You must remove the through bolt that holds the spring retainers, and shaft for the idlers out, then remove the idlers an shock mount out as a whole assembly, definetly a poor design by Cat, easy enough to do, but time consuming.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just removed rear shocks on my 01 last week. We had to remove the rear idlers to get those bolts out. I was thinking that drilling a hole through those wheels would help the next time I do it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i must to pry out that shaft the idlers are on, since it won`t move by hand pressure. i got that long bolt out, just don`t know how to get those idlers out.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Greenie, you doing this with the suspension still in the tunnel? Loosen up the bolts holding the rails together on one side and spread the rails comes right out. Put blue loctite on the bolts when putting back together.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah the suspension is still in the tunnel. i found out that all the gas must have leaked out of the shock last night, so i want to get it out and have it fixed so i can ride this weekend hopefully. the sled would bottom out on every bump, no matter how small :( .

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just saying that i got it out. after loosening several bolts,like "720" said, that idler wheel setup poped right out.

now does it just go back in like nothing, or are there any tricks i should know?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
The main one would be make sure the link that the shock bolts to by the wheels is standing up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts