Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some power valve issues this last weekend. Sled was only running about 7700 rpm, usually around 8200. After the day I thought I would check the power valves. The left side (looking towards the back of the sled) slid out no problem. The right side came out about a half inch and stopped. I could push it back in and then try taking it out again. Still would come out the half inch. I proceeded to work on the valve to try to get it out and I broke it off inside the jug. Fun stuff. Now I am curious if anyone was stupid enough to do something similar and how they handled taking it out? I really don't want to take the engine apart to get it out. I was thinking of possibly tapping a hole in the broken valve and putting a screw in it so I can have something to pull on and hopefully break free so it comes loose? Any thoughts?

Also, I am trying to find the forum that had which color bellows to use. I thought there is a blue and pinkish colored bellow. One was better than the other but I am striking out on my searches.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
bellows are the same color it is the spring inside the valves that is different. as for the valve i have seen someone break one before and i pulled the head off to get it out. not sure what else may work but i knew that was my best option.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Do you have the stainless upgrade for the valves yet? If not, now is the time to do it, they come with new bellows also.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just did the same thing to mine but the valve broke will driving and wrecked the piston but did not damage the cylinder. The best way to get it out is to remove your exhaust y-pipe and turn the engine untill it is at the bottom of the piston stroke and take a punch or a screwdriver and punch the valve into the cylinder(carefully) and remove through the exhaust port. I f this doesn,t work you have on choice but to pull it apart which may be a good idea anyways so you can clean out cylinder and bottom end just in case you got some metal in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts