Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been brought up a number of times and it is and was a PITA. I broke my old spring puller that worked decent removing and installing the spring from the chain case side after the can was removed.

Today I resealed the pipe on my Assault thinking here we go again. For a change I looked through by the primary clutch and could see the spring no problem. Using my new spring puller simply hooked the puller in and rotated the puller to pop the spring right off. Resealed the pipe and slide it back in place with the bottom spring on the pipe. Reached through from the front to tip the spring enough to hook the puller and just rotated the puller on the y-pipe spring retainer and popped right back on real simple.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
wish i could find a nice long spring puller like that anywhere in canada
That looks like the woody's spring tool, it works really nice compared to the hook type. Even though I don't have the long one, I'm sure my local Poo dealer had it. Just find someone that carries Woody's stuff.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
thanks that's the one I just ordered
Made a heck of a difference right away. Took me 10 minutes to put the pipe and exhaust back on with that and that back rear spring for the exhaust took about a minute exactly extremely easy!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks like the woody's spring tool, it works really nice compared to the hook type. Even though I don't have the long one, I'm sure my local Poo dealer had it. Just find someone that carries Woody's stuff.
That's what it is Woody's P/n SPR2-Tool-L. 15" long

1 - 17 of 17 Posts