Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a f7 standard package and after riding it for 10 minutes I wished I had of got the snow pro package. The front suspension is way too soft and I can nearly bottom it out just pushing down on it really hard. I also have a 99 zr 600 le with fox clicker shocks and I was wondering if I could just take the resivor off them and put them on my new firecat. Any info would be appreciated.

R

·
0 Posts
You will have to change the floating pistion from the standard shock. Not sure if is the same diameter as the you other shocks. Sounds like a head ache to me. Did you try and tighten up you front springs??

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well it would help as little make sure you leave the clicklers in them dont just put resivoirs in them it wotn do shit. You could put the clickers on and it will help with it not wanting to compress as easy but yea stiffer spings would also help but i would throw them on if i were you. If not sell them to me :p

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the spring as tight as it will go. I dont mind buying different springs but I would like to use the clickers if I can. There is a plug in the top of the shock where the clicker would screw into.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It definatly take some work and research. You absolutely can use the remote resevoirs but this won't help the ride.

Why dont you update the piston and the valve shim stacks to the same as the sno pro? All that the remote resevior does is keep the oil cooler which is not a factor for normal riding conditions. It is always nice to rebiud the shocks in the first 500 miles anyways, so revalve them at that time. If you get a good place to do it it won't cost more than a couple of hundred dollars.

To add the remote resevoirs you will need to remove the floating piston inside the snock body and the use the floating piston in the remote resevoir. You will then need to find out if the shock rod lengths are different between the regular and remote resevior shocks as it may need changing. It is quite a bit of work, but yet again if you find a good dealer they could do it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Teamgreen what area do you live in? I could help you with your shock rebuild and/or clicker instalation. You might want to check your ft shock pressure first as bottoming out the ft end by pressing down on it is highly unusual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts