Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,821 Posts
i have made a lot of my own furniture. just can't buy the right size or shape, so i make it. plus nice solid wood instead of press board. my house has a country decor, so i have made a bunch of stuff for that. my girlfriend paints, quilts, knits, you name it, and her stuff is amazing. she sees stuff in a magazine, threatens to pay crazy money for it, and i end up making it for next to nothing.
:thumbsup:
much more satisfying to do your own stuff :)

My dad was like that, able to fix most things with limited means. I think I never saw a more happy smile on his face than when I made a new canopy for our boat to replace the broken one :)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I remember Dad bringing home heavy-wall gaylord boxes (about 4' square, they sat on a pallet originally) from work that had contained molding plastic pellets. We'd bury them completely in snow in the backyard, instant forts. Good times.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,644 Posts
When my oldest grandson (now 9.5) was learning things from papa he learned when things were not going right or didn’t like something, he learned the proper way to say , Thats BS! At preschool one day he used the term properly. His horrified teacher quietly asked him, Trevor do you know what that means? He proudly said, of course papa taught me. BS means Baloney Shooting. I think she is still laughing 5 years later

·
Registered
684 Posts
Everything in the old days was better than it is now.......I'll take the old days over today every time. I'm 60 and feel that I am one of the last generations that had it good growing up. Was able to see how it used to be before me and still live a little bit of those days as well as being physically in shape as a kid. Always was "gold seal" on the President's physical fitness test. So much rich history is now lost forever as us "oldies" pass on. I had a step grandmother that lived in 3 CENTURIES! How is that possible? 1898-2005. WOW! Some stories there......

21 - 24 of 24 Posts