Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You were little and mom and dad got an appliance or large item and you couldn't wait to build something with the cardboard?

This is my granddaughters restaurant called Kitty Corn/Sprinkles.

My husband god bless him built it for them and we decorated it. So much fun!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
think back to childhood, stuff like that made forever memories. good of you guys to take the time for them.

·
Registered
'17 ZR9000RR
1,589 Posts
LOL...spend way to much $$$ on toys for the grandchild, and her favorite thing is a box as well. She at least takes some of her toys into her "Fort". I do have to say the artwork on yours is stupendous lol

·
Registered
39,606 Posts
Brings back memories of those big 25'' console color tv box's when they first came out. They made a great place to play in.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'm starting to have some of these times with my nephew. He's a few weeks shy of his second birthday and he's starting to be fun. Starting to explore things, and he's loving going on the boat. I've got a few words into his vocabulary so far. "Ahh nuts" is my favorite. When he drops something... "Ahh nuts"....when he's struggling with something "Ahh nuts"...

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm starting to have some of these times with my nephew. He's a few weeks shy of his second birthday and he's starting to be fun. Starting to explore things, and he's loving going on the boat. I've got a few words into his vocabulary so far. "Ahh nuts" is my favorite. When he drops something... "Ahh nuts"....when he's struggling with something "Ahh nuts"...
That's too funny! My 2 granddaughters say "fugly" a LOT lol

·
Registered
2012 TZ1 Touring
862 Posts
You have to be careful, their antennas are always up. It's amazing how there can hear a word once, then a couple of days later throw it back at you in the right context.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have to be careful, their antennas are always up. It's amazing how there can hear a word once, then a couple of days later throw it back at you in the right context.
I've been a grandmother since 2003. Oh ya they are little tape recorders.

I take care of them while my daughter works during the summer. They ask endless questions. And I've always answered them honestly (albeit age appropriate answers).

We spend most of our time outside. Yesterday we loaded up on the Polaris Wheeler and did a sojourn into the woods.

Learning about all the plants (I'm a forager).

They both love hunting for turtles and frogs. I've been trying to find a slider for a pet for them.

Pretty soon the 8 yr old will be ready to drive her machine into the woods with me.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
We slid down the stairs on cardboard until someone got hurt. Then we ran in fear of really getting hurt (by the parents). :)

·
Registered
2012 TZ1 Touring
862 Posts

I take care of them while my daughter works during the summer. They ask endless questions. And I've always answered them honestly (albeit age appropriate answers).

We spend most of our time outside. Yesterday we loaded up on the Polaris Wheeler and did a sojourn into the woods.

They both love hunting for turtles and frogs. I've been trying to find a slider for a pet them.

Pretty soon the 8 yr old will be ready to drive her machine into the woods with me.
Nice. Get them outside as much as you can. I have four grandkids. Two of them are 'inside cats' for the most part. The other two are living with us right now (and our daughter), one is 3 months old, but the three year old loves to be outside getting into things. Likes to check out the plants, pick some raspberries off the plant and eat them, and run around.

Keeping them off the keyboards and outside is the best thing you can do for them, for education and health.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

They both love hunting for turtles and frogs. I've been trying to find a slider for a pet them.

Nice. Get them outside as much as you can. I have four grandkids. Two of them are 'inside cats' for the most part. The other two are living with us right now (and our daughter), one is 3 months old, but the three year old loves to be outside getting into things. Likes to check out the plants, pick some raspberries off the plant and eat them, and run around.

Keeping them off the keyboards and outside is the best thing you can do for them, for education and health.

A great book is "last child in the woods" by Richard Louv. Started reading it today

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
i have ridden bicycles my entire life. mountain bike life has been really good. we are having a lot of fun, staying fit, and hanging out since childhood. tons of people involved, even races to raise money for the trails. tomorrow we have a 6 stage enduro that is gonna be a wild time. i am getting my stepdaughter's kids used to the outdoors with hopes that they remember, and keep it in their lives . hard to do sometimes when going through life , but if they have experienced it before they will have that memory to lure them back. i'm gonna get this guy rocking before too long.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
he used to watch the neighbors ride power wheels. so i juiced his up with headlights and flashing led tail lights so now the neighbors watch him!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
could have done that but he is addicted to the ipad already. plus nothing but shit on tv, even for him. that was just my best guess at a color that resembled glass

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sleepybrew you are a very talented man!

My husband made a jump rope out of old snowmobile grips and anchor line.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Sleepybrew you are a very talented man!

My husband made a jump rope out of old snowmobile grips and anchor line.
thank you. people asked if i was going for an old bronco. i just start drawing and cutting, and it comes out. usually only one of anything like that. making a bunch takes the fun out of it. i have made a lot of my own furniture. just can't buy the right size or shape, so i make it. plus nice solid wood instead of press board. my house has a country decor, so i have made a bunch of stuff for that. my girlfriend paints, quilts, knits, you name it, and her stuff is amazing. she sees stuff in a magazine, threatens to pay crazy money for it, and i end up making it for next to nothing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts