Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 218 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
yeah, progressive rate in the rear, falling rate on the front arm. That’s the recipe for success. The Rush was an overhyped, ill performing joke when it came out. The Axys was better but still a failure as no other manufacturer copied that style rear skid and Polaris continues to race the 16 year old IQR based 600R in sno-x.
Patents have a way of doing that, wait that hasn’t stopped Arctic lately. 😂

But seriously how Textron handles satisfying the Canadian customers will be very telling what Their future plans are for Snowmobiles..

·
Registered
2015 Pro S 800 and 2017 800 Assault
1,565 Posts
Love mine,
So you’re saying all the Canadian Cat faithful have seen the light and are buying Polaris and Doo now?
Patents have a way of doing that, wait that hasn’t stopped Arctic lately. 😂

But seriously how Textron handles satisfying the Canadian customers will be very telling what Their future plans are for Snowmobiles..
Not many will miss Cat in Canada, there's hardly any dealers left. The smart ones bolted the doors years ago.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Loved my 2015 Rush Pro S 800

Who cares if Cat and Doo Guys think they are ugly. They are the ones that are stuck staring at the back end. 👋✌

·
Registered
91 Posts
Axys bailer is still my favorite sled. The indy CC doesn't ride any better and is less fun. It just doesn't transfer weight as well. All the fun is gone. It doesn't ride as well as the r motion. It's just a mediocre setup. But there's a set of buyers why just don't like the looks of the bailer and don't like the lack of rear storage without having to spend $$.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wouldn’t second that. I never liked or owned the old bailer/pro ride. I rode a bunch of them. But ehhh. In those years I had different brands. But in 15 the axys brought me back. And I have no intention of jumping ship.
The 2010 rush had too little front arm travel. Too short a front arm and not that much rear travel. The next iteration gave more front arm travel and length. It was an improvement. The axys went further with an even longer front arm, longer rear arm and more travel on both arms.. The axys is setup is how the rush should have been in 2010. The axys is a good platform.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Does the new Indy's Pro-CC skid not ride plusher through the stutter bumps compared to a Pro-Ride?
Out of the box it does, kinda. But it tends to bottom out with those plush settings. Especially the front arm. So you adjust, re valve or re spring. You bottom out less, but you lose plushness. The axys/r-motion make a better compromise in my opinion. The magazines still jizz over the r-motion. It's good but not that much better than anything else. As far as ride, we have a sled with m10 air. It rides the best in all conditions. It's just not as fun. Setup well, the CC and the r-motion are on par with each other and most people probably won't notice a difference. The cat suspension isn't really that far off. Cat has the most seat foam thickness and 10" of front suspension. So it holds it's own.

The bailer axys is the most fun by far and properly setup it rides as well as an r-motion. I owned both as the same time. If there's a problem with the Axys it's that the spring and valving on the center shock are weak for heavier or hard riders. Re valve and heavier dual rate setup from hygear or monster is a good fix.

As a side note, a while back I had a Sc5 ski doo XP. I had shocks and springs done by hygear. When I got the R-motion I was excited to ride the suspension that the magazines said was the second comming of Christ. At first I liked the modified Sc5 better. I had to modify and play with the R-motion until I liked it better than the Sc5.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The SC-5 was a very good skid out of the box, especially the x . Still is. I have Monster exit shocks on my 09 xp and it is a great shorty.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,972 Posts
The bailer axys is the most fun by far and properly setup it rides as well as an r-motion. I owned both as the same time. If there's a problem with the Axys it's that the spring and valving on the center shock are weak for heavier or hard riders. Re valve and heavier dual rate setup from hygear or monster is a good fix.
Or the XCR front shock.... Not sure which model you had, but the XCR Hi/Low shock package is pretty good out of the box.

·
Premium Member
5,805 Posts
Out of the box it does, kinda. But it tends to bottom out with those plush settings. Especially the front arm. So you adjust, re valve or re spring. You bottom out less, but you lose plushness. The axys/r-motion make a better compromise in my opinion. The magazines still jizz over the r-motion. It's good but not that much better than anything else. As far as ride, we have a sled with m10 air. It rides the best in all conditions. It's just not as fun. Setup well, the CC and the r-motion are on par with each other and most people probably won't notice a difference. The cat suspension isn't really that far off. Cat has the most seat foam thickness and 10" of front suspension. So it holds it's own.

As a side note, a while back I had a Sc5 ski doo XP. I had shocks and springs done by hygear. When I got the R-motion I was excited to ride the suspension that the magazines said was the second comming of Christ. At first I liked the modified Sc5 better. I had to modify and play with the R-motion until I liked it better than the Sc5.
I thought the RM in the XP/XS chassis was downright amazing. To be honest in comparison it kinda sucks in the G4 chassis. It doesn't ride " bad " per say but for me it doesn't ride nearly as good as it did in the previous chassis that it was designed for. I had one in a 2012 XP and another in a 2015 XR. We'll see if the 2021 RM-X tweaks to make it work better in the G4 chassis do the trick.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Funny to read guys wax poetic about an obsolete piece of shit rear skid that NEVER lived up to the hype and couldn’t do more than one thing right without major tuning and it would then suck at everything else. There is a reason FAST invented coupling over 25 years ago because it allows a sled to be far more capable of riding fast through the bumps and take the big hits. But, when your number one goal is to putt around ripping wheelies in front of the bar then the baler is for you. Apparently that demographic doesn’t wear out their sleds quickly enough to justify replacing them thus baler sales kept declining year after year. I can’t wait until ‘22 and the baler is dropped once and for all and these stupid debates finally disappear for good.

the market already decided the Indy Pro-CC is king. The baler needs to go away.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Funny to read guys wax poetic about an obsolete piece of shit rear skid that NEVER lived up to the hype and couldn’t do more than one thing right without major tuning and it would then suck at everything else. There is a reason FAST invented coupling over 25 years ago because it allows a sled to be far more capable of riding fast through the bumps and take the big hits. But, when your number one goal is to putt around ripping wheelies in front of the bar then the baler is for you. Apparently that demographic doesn’t wear out their sleds quickly enough to justify replacing them thus baler sales kept declining year after year. I can’t wait until ‘22 and the baler is dropped once and for all and these stupid debates finally disappear for good.

the market already decided the Indy Pro-CC is king. The baler needs to go away.
How many balers did you own? Coming from 04 suspension... Id say my pro r holds up to the hype. 3 years later still. Major tuning haha yeah... A turn here, a twist there. All setup and it corners. Those knob turnings and spring twisting sure was hard!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Did your wife get plowed pretty good by a guy on a baler or something? Because you really hate them for some reason. Write some poems about your hatred for them please haha

41 - 60 of 218 Posts