1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Great sleds !

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I think it won the looks test. Ive had 3 bailers 15 prox ,17 prox , 17 xcr still have one. a 19 indy. And a 20 indy xcr still have it. . I loved my bailer prox 137 sleds. Probably still my favorite sleds of all time. So far.

·
Premium Member
2019 Pros switchback
2,451 Posts
Holding out for 2022 vr1 xcr 850 switchback myself!!
My 850 pro s is too date best sled i've ever ridden!!
Miles of smiles we say!!
Those that say wouldn't buy one because of looks sure are missing out!
300 mile days are a breeze on these things!!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Storage is it's biggest flaw. Ride quality I'd take one over the Indy anyday. Going to need to replace my Assault before next season and Polaris hasn't built what I'd want to replace it yet in a conventional tunnel.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850!! In 137"
1,212 Posts
Ya owned the first year Rush in 2010. Then a 12' Pro-R, then a 15 Pro-S then a 16' Pro-S switchback then a 18 Indy XC and have a 2021 VR1 coming. All tremendous machines. Funny thing is with all those different chassis and combos what has Cat offered in that same time frame? Just imagine if Polaris was still making the Rush?? Polaris however refined a good machine every year since the first. Cat well you can still buy today what you could 10 years ago.... So I gotta ask whats your point OP??

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
[QUOTE="poopooforme’[\quote].... So I gotta ask whats your point OP??
[/QUOTE]

Click on his info and then ‘threads started,’ Tons and most allin the GDF, as this one is. Most all against POO.

Just a pro schit stirrer. Sometimes fun, sometimes not.

Reactions: dskofich

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,944 Posts
Its just banter outside of politics at this point.

·
Administrator
20,946 Posts
I think it won the looks test. Ive had 3 bailers 15 prox ,17 prox , 17 xcr still have one. a 19 indy. And a 20 indy xcr still have it. . I loved my bailer prox 137 sleds. Probably still my favorite sleds of all time. So far.
I still say the "bailer" is my favorite trail sled ... it flat out worked. Where it lacked was deep snow, due to the back end closing everything off. Face it, the main reason for Polaris going back to traditional tunnels is because of the looks ... people just couldn't get past the looks of it.

Storage is it's biggest flaw. Ride quality I'd take one over the Indy anyday. Going to need to replace my Assault before next season and Polaris hasn't built what I'd want to replace it yet in a conventional tunnel.
Yup - storage SUCKED on that chassis. It was my primary reason for going with the Assault and tunnel based sleds in 2018 due to our Yooper tour where we ride from location to location for the week.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,944 Posts
The big rack with saddle bags has more than enough storage for touring for a week to 10 days, I do it every year. I guess people just didn't like having to shell out the extra coin for it.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Does the new Indy's Pro-CC skid not ride plusher through the stutter bumps compared to a Pro-Ride?

·
Administrator
20,946 Posts
The big rack with saddle bags has more than enough storage for touring for a week to 10 days, I do it every year. I guess people just didn't like having to shell out the extra coin for it.
Yeah, I'll be the first to admit I didn't want to spend the money on that setup. Plus, I was pretty excited to hear all of the reviews on the 2017 Assault and after getting some seat time on one for a weekend I wanted to try it for the following season.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
remember how so many vehemently defended them and claimed they were the second coming of christ?

those were good times...

wonder how many ordered 2021's because I'm obviously bored
What is Cat snowmageddon numbers? 2022's have been available for a year now....

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,944 Posts
Does the new Indy's Pro-CC skid not ride plusher through the stutter bumps compared to a Pro-Ride?
I'm sure it is - but the Pro-XC (2015+) baler is sooooo much better than the original Pro-Ride chassis (2010-2014).

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I wouldn’t second that. I never liked or owned the old bailer/pro ride. I rode a bunch of them. But ehhh. In those years I had different brands. But in 15 the axys brought me back. And I have no intention of jumping ship.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts