Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST BOUGHT A 05 800 RENAGADE X AND I HAVE HEARD THAT THESE 800 MAY NEED REMAPING AND NEW NEEDLES INSTALED. CALLED THE LOCAL DEALER AND THEY SAID THEY NEVER HEARD ANY SUCH THING. IN TWIN CITIES MN SO INCLUDE A GOOD DEALER IF THEY HAVE HELPED YA OUT WITH REMAPING. THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I read on dootalk about the remapping and needles, so I called my dealer and he said yes there was some updates to do, so took it in and they upgraded to the 2007 mapping and needles. Did this last year. check out for past posting.

·
Registered
2020 Ski Doo Freeride 146, 850 shot, 2020 Ski Doo Summit 154, 850 shot, 2016 Polaris 800 Axys Pro S
46 Posts
All I did was bump my pilots to 22.5 and I put a .020 thousands shim on the needle to fatten up. Runs awsome!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I too have an '05 800 in a GTX that has NEVER missed a beat. On occasion I flip the choke up to get the idle to drop more quickly but thats it. I talked with the mechanics at two different dealers and both suggested leaving it alone. Both run the same engine in their own sleds without having changed anything. Maintain it right, store it right use dry gas so you don't get any water in it, keep good fresh gas in it and enjoy :)
I was seriously considering changing jets and shimming needles but the reason I bought a new sled was to get away from having to mess around with old junk every week after riding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe this issue was only on the Power TEK 800. If your engine is a Power TEK you may want to consider it.

Many people have done the change and been happy, many people have also gone back to original spec.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts