Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
40,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If it was well done, you wouldn't be having any problems.
The walls can be somwhat fixed by excavating to the footers, and using actual waterproofing materials. Its still impossible to stop the water from soaking into the footer and rising up into the wall though.
You're kind of screwed on the floor, without putting down dimple mat, a water proof layer, and pouring a couple inch slab on top
The dehumidifier and sump pump guys created a channel around the basement perimeter with drainage pipes buried in gravel then sealed over the entire floor with a thick mil plastic. Water goes directly to the sump pump well as does the dehumidifier's pump/hose. Really don't know how it could be made better within reason. Like i say when it all works everything is fine.

·
Administrator
2030 Arctic Cat 2500 - - 19-20 mileage-100,000
23,868 Posts
Forgot to add some of the new homes were built on higher ground or a hill to avoid this issue as much as possible. Homes in my immediate area are all on low ground just a few feet above the lakes surface. Its not cost effective to raise this home...you'd have to be retarded to even think so.
Just curious have you ever set up a transit and shot the elevation of your basement to the elevation of the lake?

·
Registered
40,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just curious have you ever set up a transit and shot the elevation of your basement to the elevation of the lake?
No, but my neighbor did a survey when they install their new septic system. I would guess the lowest part of the basement is just above the lakes surface. In fact the lakes been lower than average at this time of year due to no big rain storms for weeks...yard is drier than i've seen it in years. Haven't missed the big dehumidifier either. Got a small one in its place thats been working fine.

·
Administrator
23,868 Posts
No, but my neighbor did a survey when they install their new septic system. I would guess the lowest part of the basement is just above the lakes surface. In fact the lakes been lower than average at this time of year due to no big rain storms for weeks...yard is drier than i've seen it in years. Haven't missed the big dehumidifier either. Got a small one in its place thats been working fine.
Without seeing your property and how it lays you could possibly have springs under ground around your house that drain into the lake that could possibly add to your moisture issues. Not much rain, lake level lower than normal, smaller until is doing the job for now but what will happen when the rain and lake levels come back to "normal"???

·
Registered
40,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Without seeing your property and how it lays you could possibly have springs under ground around your house that drain into the lake that could possibly add to your moisture issues. Not much rain, lake level lower than normal, smaller until is doing the job for now but what will happen when the rain and lake levels come back to "normal"???
Sump pump runs more often and so does the dehumidifier once the lake lives rise. You've hit the nail on the head, i've already seen these small springs before they sealed the 1/2 basement.

·
Administrator
23,868 Posts
Sump pump runs more often and so does the dehumidifier once the lake lives rise. You've hit the nail on the head, i've already seen these small springs before they sealed the 1/2 basement.
To me it seems like you need a new outside french drain installed around the perimeter of your house, filled with stone or gravel to with in few inches of finish grade, but that costs $$$$ unless you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
40,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
To me it seems like you need a new outside french drain installed around the perimeter of your house, filled with stone or gravel to with in few inches of finish grade, but that costs $$$$ unless you can do it yourself.
It was considered, but was told due to the water level and level of the home already it'd be counterproductive. Yard already pools with water on one side that adjoins my neighbors a foot deep every time it rains heavily.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,023 Posts
This is in our local fire dept, roughly 60'X60'. Truck water tanks sweat etc and this has done a very good job at keeping the place dry. It was @ 45% when I took this pic.

Attachments

41 - 48 of 48 Posts