Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I’ve already bought a relay kit from Northstarrick, just haven’t taken the time to put them in yet . I carry them with me just in case one fails when I’m out on a sledding trip. Would hate to ruin a trip just because of a cheesy relay.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Glad somebody put this thread up. I was about to go digging to find the old thread about this as I want to order a few sets. I got a hold of Rick at NorthStar a couple weeks ago and he didn't have any relays in stock. My buddies sled previously ran very strong at 8250 with a little extra weight in the clutch then like a switch ran at a doggy 7800 one day. After installing the new relays he was back to pulling 8350 and said it felt even stronger than it ever had before. Upon inspection of the stock relays one of them did have corrosion in it. So I'm on the hunt for some of these relays. He didn't know where I could find them if Rick didn't have any. He got his from a friend that happened to buy 10 of them. They were the Panasonic relays. I know there is a thread on here somewhere with a direct link to these Panasonic relays somewhere. Seems how the topic is fresh up on the site now maybe someone can help with where these relays can be bought? :bc:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Glad somebody put this thread up. I was about to go digging to find the old thread about this as I want to order a few sets. I got a hold of Rick at NorthStar a couple weeks ago and he didn't have any relays in stock. My buddies sled previously ran very strong at 8250 with a little extra weight in the clutch then like a switch ran at a doggy 7800 one day. After installing the new relays he was back to pulling 8350 and said it felt even stronger than it ever had before. Upon inspection of the stock relays one of them did have corrosion in it. So I'm on the hunt for some of these relays. He didn't know where I could find them if Rick didn't have any. He got his from a friend that happened to buy 10 of them. They were the Panasonic relays. I know there is a thread on here somewhere with a direct link to these Panasonic relays somewhere. Seems how the topic is fresh up on the site now maybe someone can help with where these relays can be bought? :bc:
The website for relays is www.digikey.com Panasonic cm1-R-12v digi-key # 255-2185-ND I bought 3 from there.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
The same one mentioned above. CM-... they did a search and came up with them.
Is there a NAPA specific part number on the box? I tried searching NAPA online and none of the part numbers listed would cross reference.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there a NAPA specific part number on the box? I tried searching NAPA online and none of the part numbers listed would cross reference.[/QUOTI

I called them and specifically asked for that part number. they had to do some digging but they found it.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
There was a long thread on here last year about the same thing. I had major issues on my 16 sks until I swapped the relays. Solved all my issues, back to 8350 and added a turbo.

·
Premium Member
4,444 Posts
If the Panasonic cm1-R-12v is the correct part number, you can get on Amazon...

·
Registered
747 Posts
How many do we need to replace them? All the Panasonic CM1-R-12V ?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts