Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a snostuf rumble pack and a new track with 168 studs on my 98 zl5 carb and I noticed it delays quite a bit getting off the line, it crawls for about a second until it gets to about 5-7 mph then just takes off. I looked at the plugs and they looked nice except they were completely dry. So the guys I was with think I should go aboutr 2 jet sizes up. But if I can gain some performance by going even richer I would rather do that.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Remove most of those studs, leave in 96 of them. Install a new belt, gear it down a tooth on top, and be happy. You have way too many studs on there.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove most of those studs, leave in 96 of them. Install a new belt, gear it down a tooth on top, and be happy. You have way too many studs on there.[/b]
Nah I'll pass, I used to have 96 and I love the new track, right now I just plan on rejetting but I don't know how many sizes up I should go.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
your a fucking idiot dude, dont jet up. you will be ever slower than you are now. jetting up has NO EFFECT for off the line, only 3/4-WOT throttle. if anything, play with your air screws. but do whatever you want. take studs out too, way to many, 96 for you

obviously you have no idea what you are doing

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your a fucking idiot dude, dont jet up. you will be ever slower than you are now. jetting up has NO EFFECT for off the line, only 3/4-WOT throttle. if anything, play with your air screws. but do whatever you want. take studs out too, way to many, 96 for you

obviously you have no idea what you are doing[/b]
you can eat a bag of shit, if I knew what I was doing I wouldn't be asking smart ass :frech32:
so what should I do to the air screws

·
Registered
540 Posts
go a 1/2 turn in see if its better or worse, if its worse go a full turn out and see what that does. make sure left and right are evenly turned out the same, studs dont have to do with the bog, but I would loose a lot of them

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
go a 1/2 turn in see if its better or worse, if its worse go a full turn out and see what that does. make sure left and right are evenly turned out the same, studs dont have to do with the bog, but I would loose a lot of them[/b]
so wut difference am I gonna notice if I go down to 96 studs

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
so if I get a track with 96 studs and a 1.25 in lug wut kinda difference am i gonna notice[/b]
just take studs out of the track you have. and remember, dont change your jets, just adjust the air screw in or out. go one way first to see if its better or worse. you will feel right away if you went the right way to the wrong way.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.