Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Since I have owned several Tcats and a turbo, I can tell you that in a drag race on a good surface, an old Tcat would beat a stock 1100 in a drag race. If I remember correctly, at the old American Snowmobiler shootout in 1998, a box stock Tcat posted 110mph in the quarter mile. The Tcat would easily get past 120 on radar and on a good day hit 125. A stock 1100 cannot do that.

The reason the old old Tcat wins is twofold: # 1 - less rolling resistance on the chassis. # 2 - It weighed about 85lbs less.

This why everyone boosts the 1100. With a 240 tune ( or more) it is a different sled. Once boosted, it is a much quicker and faster sled. I love mine except for dealing with the undressing the sled every time I want to work on it.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Since I have owned several Tcats and a turbo, I can tell you that in a drag race on a good surface, an old Tcat would beat a stock 1100 in a drag race. If I remember correctly, at the old American Snowmobiler shootout in 1998, a box stock Tcat posted 110mph in the quarter mile. The Tcat would easily get past 120 on radar and on a good day hit 125. A stock 1100 cannot do that.

The reason the old old Tcat wins is twofold: # 1 - less rolling resistance on the chassis. # 2 - It weighed about 85lbs less.

This why everyone boosts the 1100. With a 240 tune ( or more) it is a different sled. Once boosted, it is a much quicker and faster sled. I love mine except for dealing with the undressing the sled every time I want to work on it.
I own one of each , on the 1100 , using a evo intake and Zeus fittings I can have my hood off in a matter of minutes. Putting it back together takes a little bit longer. Those older T-Cats sat a lot lower also.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
My take; A (properly prepped) trail ridden stock 1100 Turbo is only slow compared compared to a tuned Turbo or a stock/tuned 998. I rode my '12 Turbo mostly stock (exhaust) for a year and it was far from slow. I was warned by my "go-to" Turbo guy that if you tune it you have went to the Dark Side. Yep, sure did. I run a 2.5" SanDale with a 2stg (e/PT) TD flash, and run 98% of the time on ECO. At 225Hp, its very enjoyable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I must have a good running 1100 in stock form because I beat my buddies 998 every time and we are pretty much same size. Granted both are stock.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts

Just comes down to traction, how they are tuned (in stock motor form) and the pre 998's took more time to spool up without a stutter button so 2-strokes could leave the past version turbos at the line. Lots of lightweight chassis efficient F-7's embarrass big triples and the first version turbos when they came out in 500 feet. Once you jump off the line and are out ahead it takes a lot of HP/ground speed to get by someone. All sleds both 2-stroke and 4-stroke have come a long ways all to the buyers benefit.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts