Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its good to know that there are others who agree that the extra registration money is a rip off. It would be nice if the government would offer some incentives to people who were in the sport (atving and snowmobiling) and mabey that would encourage others to take it up .In the end if more people were at it the more money they would make anyway. But for some reason they can't see it that way and choose it stick it to the people who are trying lead an active lifestyle. Mabey they just want us to sit home in front of the TV and pass them money whenever demand it. Anyway sorry about the raving guys, but I have e-mailed my MLA and I'll let you know how far I get (if I get anywhere).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I finally broke down today and renewed my permit on the sled for this year....was putting it off
for awhile...another $50 forked out!! Man this sport is getting expensive with $100 in a trail pass, $300 for insurance,$80 for a new belt, $25 to fix my trailer lights and with the price of gas to fill up both the sled and truck because we have to trailer everywhere to find snow :shocked: Unbelievable....and to top it all off, we've only gotten out for 2 rips so far this season!!! Come on snow before I lose my mind...........sorry guys I feel better now for getting that out :whistle:

·
Registered
189 Posts
You can switch the plate from an ATV and only pay for one Registration and then switch it back in April. Keep a few $$ away from those thieving bastards. Getting to be too much cost for the amount of use. Will say screw it pretty soon. Mandatory insurance becomes effective on all OHV's April 1 this year. I bet the insurance companies will offer us a good rate.....ya right!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
why does every one complain about 50 dollars? for christ sake bitch about the weather. you have a 11000 dollar machine that you can only use 2 months a year an you complain about 50 dollars......

·
Registered
189 Posts
$11,000 = Not likely. It's not $50 either. It's more like $150 which is more than my truck which I use 12 months. Why even charge anything? Promote the activity, don't discourage it. It's all right for the Gov't to put BILLIONS into Commonwealth games so we can watch lawn bowling but try to get them to return money generated from taxes and registration to develop the activity. Don't give the BASTARDS a red cent...they didn't earn or deserve it.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
If it wasn't such a shitty winter, AGAIN, noone would be complaining at all. Of course it's a rip off, but whatcha gonna do???? One fine from the DNR and you'll be wishin you paid it. Will the clubs/trail system ever see any of it...doubtful at best. I'm none too happy about paying $1000/yr to insure a vehicle either but hey man, it's the law deal with it. I, like most here, have shelled out $100 for a trail permit, $50 reg fee, $40 reg fee for trailer, $20 trailer inspection, $150 insurance, not to mention the $1000 I spent needlessly on the sled just for the hell of it and the only time it has run is on the stand in the garage in the last 2 yrs. This is a dead issue, it's been beat on long enough, let it go.....

·
Registered
368 Posts
ok then 10 grand.

i hope your not including the 100 from the trail pass in the 150. the government wont get there hands on that. lets just wait and see what they do with th money before you say they arent going to do shit with it.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Some guys only wish they had ONLY $10-$11K in their sleds. More like 15-17K if you're sitting on a new 1000 taxes in, throw in an open trailer and gear and your easily over $20k

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes it is expensive. You are all right, we are realy getting nothing for our sport. We do ont fall into the elete class of walkers, byciclist or couch potato tree huggers. We also do not fall into the only sports recognized in NS (check the new paper and you will see wt I mean) Hockey, foot ball, basebal basket ball or figure skating. Ours is not the only sport left our, skiing, boxing are a few more. All sports are expensive but none seem to compare to this one except for car racing and those guys have sponsors.

I equate the OHV Act to the gun conrtol laws. People do not understand why we would own a gun so they do everything they can to take them from us. You have a gun murder and the whoel country wants our guns. Yet in the same period of time there was 50 knife murders and not one says a thing. It is the same for snowmobiling. Someone gets killed so lets start regulating the hell out of the sport and make i so expensive that no one can do it any longer. It is happening now with the gun registry. People just do not understand why we do it.

Hell going to the range is a stress release and hunting is enjoying the environment. Sledding is the most fun you can have in the winter and you get out doors and see everything the tree city tree hugger never see and hear about.

Not to worry though becasue in a generation or so our women will be in Burkas, we won't be allowed to listen to music, drink, dance and we will have to pray five times a day and will not have time to have any fun. We can thank the same peole who don't understand us for the future loss of freedom in Canada.

Enjoy it while it lasts. They will have to pry my sled from my dead body before i give it up.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Yes it is expensive. You are all right, we are realy getting nothing for our sport. We do ont fall into the elete class of walkers, byciclist or couch potato tree huggers. We also do not fall into the only sports recognized in NS (check the new paper and you will see wt I mean) Hockey, foot ball, basebal basket ball or figure skating. Ours is not the only sport left our, skiing, boxing are a few more. All sports are expensive but none seem to compare to this one except for car racing and those guys have sponsors.

I equate the OHV Act to the gun conrtol laws. People do not understand why we would own a gun so they do everything they can to take them from us. You have a gun murder and the whoel country wants our guns. Yet in the same period of time there was 50 knife murders and not one says a thing. It is the same for snowmobiling. Someone gets killed so lets start regulating the hell out of the sport and make i so expensive that no one can do it any longer. It is happening now with the gun registry. People just do not understand why we do it.

Hell going to the range is a stress release and hunting is enjoying the environment. Sledding is the most fun you can have in the winter and you get out doors and see everything the tree city tree hugger never see and hear about.

Not to worry though becasue in a generation or so our women will be in Burkas, we won't be allowed to listen to music, drink, dance and we will have to pray five times a day and will not have time to have any fun. We can thank the same peole who don't understand us for the future loss of freedom in Canada.

Enjoy it while it lasts. They will have to pry my sled from my dead body before i give it up.[/b]
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I agree

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think this just about sums up my feelings on the whole topic of ATV's, OHV legislation, child seats to age 9, no smoking laws, etc.:

“Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

I wish I could attribute it to some person, but I found it years ago on a land use site in the US, and it was not attributed to anyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts