Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding with a one inch lug for two years. However I have ridden two snowmobiles with 1.25 inch lug and could feel the difference in traction immediately. My concern is vibration, increased noise, and more push in the corners with the bigger lug. I am still on the fence about getting a larger lug height. Do you have any recommendations.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
If you have to be the fastest on top end get the 1". If you are ALWAYS on ice or hardpack get the 1". The 1.375 will feel like you are driving a mud bogger on pavement if you are on ice. Otherwise the 1.375 is always better.

Cat S.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I found the 1.375 lugs on my F7 works very well! I think the deeper lugs help with stopping and work much better in powder. Hooks up better then the 1". As far as top end speed, You might lose a mph or 2 but can't say for sure.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You definately lose some top speed but you gain good traction. You'll be quicker out of the hole with the 1.375 and have a better chance at off trail excursions. It is considerably louder on hard pack like the others said. I have 2 Firecats one with the 1inch and the other with the 1.375 The one incher is a perfect for the average groomed trail rider for every thing else except ice I like the 1.375 better.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Originally posted by ERIC@Mar 29 2003, 10:32 PM
I have been riding with a one inch lug for two years. However I have ridden two snowmobiles with 1.25 inch lug and could feel the difference in traction immediately. My concern is vibration, increased noise, and more push in the corners with the bigger lug. I am still on the fence about getting a larger lug height. Do you have any recommendations.
If you ar really concerned with top speed get the 1 inch. If you want better traction, holeshot, braking, and deeps now performance get the 1.375. I would not trade a couple radar runs for the benifits of the 1.375. I did not notice any vibration with the trac or increaed noise on trails, im sure on ice you would but on trails its not noticable. And it will push in corners more than a 1 inch because it has more traction so you just get bigger carbides and problem solved.

Most of the times when you drive a sled with a 1.375 compared to a 1 inch you will think the 1.375 is more powerful because it will pull that much harder off the line than the other one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts