Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has 7000 miles on his and has never even looked at them. How many miles can they go? Thanx in advance.Oh, and what happens if they fail? Thanx again.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If you want to replace your reeds, I would go with carbon tech replacement pedals with your stock cage. They dont cost any more than stock pedals.and at 7000 miles, its time. You wont see any gains by using V-force unless you do alot of other mods. Oh and its probably time for a clutch rebuild . ......tigger

·
Registered
53 Posts
When inspecting the reeds look for:

Damaged petal (usually on the outside corners)
Petal not sitting flat against the cage

AC reeds VERY seldom fail, unless foreign material has caused one too due to a burn down.

·
Registered
636 Posts
3-4000 i found is the limit for stock reeds. you start loosing throttle responce and its so gradual of a decline you wont know the difference untill you put in a fresh set of reeds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by cateater@Dec 17 2002, 09:15 PM
My buddy has 7000 miles on his and has never even looked at them. How many miles can they go? Thanx in advance.Oh, and what happens if they fail? Thanx again.
AT 7000 MILES I WOULD REPLACE THE PISTONS & RINGS, THE REED VALVES SHOULD BE FINE. IF A REED DID BREAK YOU WOULD DROP ONE CYLINDER AND LOSE POWER.

·
Registered
636 Posts
mxzr -
you right pistons should be the first order of business with that kind of milage. your just asking for a skirt to break off and do some real damage. i read somewhere that reeds start weaking after the miles start clicking off depending on the quality of the reeds.
sh

·
Registered
754 Posts
you will get a slight bog in the bottom end and or foul the plugs at idle, if you take your air box off and look in side and notace a lot of gas in the air box check your reeds. its real notacable after you blast down the trail let off the throttle and try to get back on the gas. it will bog alittle.they are worn.
sno_pro_500

1 - 7 of 7 Posts