Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Z1 turbo Sno Pro 2002 Jag Z1
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any opinions on using reed spacers with v-force reeds? Are they worth it?Do they add anything extra? Going to install a set of V-Force in my ZRT 600 and just wondering should I add or not while apart. Thanks in advance,Ed

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by blueovalZRT@Sep 24 2005, 10:49 AM
Does anyone have any opinions on using reed spacers with v-force reeds? Are they worth it?Do they add anything extra? Going to install a set of V-Force in my ZRT 600 and just wondering should I add or not while apart. Thanks in advance,Ed
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889984
[/quote]
I'm curious about this as well, was thinking of getting a set for my ZRT 600 to try.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I called Mototassinari last year, and they said they do nothing for a triple...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had the V-force deltas in mine for a coule of years, there was a slight difference. Put the V-force 3 two seasons ago and felt more of a difference. I also have the UFO's in the slides of my carbs. Tried it with the reed spacers with the UFO's wat to rich on bottom end. Not sure how the reed spacers will work without the UFO's.
Alot more low end grunt with the V-force 3's

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by 81 Hydrostream@Sep 24 2005, 06:21 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=890487
[/quote]
What do you think about a timing key, on my 1996 ZRT 600? and what kind of pain are they too install? I don't want to do anything too drastic, I always run the best gas I can get anyway, I don't want to leave free power available.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Originally posted by DrWho17@Sep 24 2005, 08:05 PM
What do you think about a timing key, on my 1996 ZRT 600? and what kind of pain are they too install? I don't want to do anything too drastic, I always run the best gas I can get anyway, I don't want to leave free power available.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=890647
[/quote]
I ran a 2 degree in my 2000 zrt 600 with no problems.. It was a great sled, no problems. One thing I would recomend is when you start clutching and raising the engagment, watch the chain case I had issues with chains..

Sorry about the above post. The reeds work well, the spacers don't really do anything. I guess I should have proof read before I let it go..

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Originally posted by 81 Hydrostream@Sep 24 2005, 06:21 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=890487
[/quote]

Yeah, the only sleds they really work on is a few Yamaha's and thats it really. If you gain anything it would be in the midrange and you might slightly take away from the top end.

Funny thing about these spacers, if my mind serves me correctly, Black Tragic was the first to come out with them, or one of the first, and claim some kind of miracle h.p. increase. I guess, like alot of their other products, they dont work.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was thinking doubling up on the base gasket and cutting the heads to make up the loss in compression. That would be as cheep or cheeper than the V-Force reeds...

·
Registered
598 Posts
i think spacers used with many other aftermarket parts probably help, maybe 1-2 hp, i have them on my trail improver along with 2 degree timing key,v force-2,uni filters, heads cut, psi pipes,clutched,geared,ported,and mine is a rocket, probably with just reeds i say you won't notice anything! just my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts