Hardcore Sledder banner

Reducing ski pressure on a 2002 Trail Touring 2-up?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ExcursionPSD 
#1 ·
Last spring I bought a couple sleds so we can ride as a family. My wife drives the 2002 Trail Touring 2-up with my daughter on the back, and seems to struggle with how heavy the steering is. Problem is, the sled has almost no adjustability. There's no adjustment on the track springs. Limiter straps are already all the way out. About the only adjustment I could make was to add preload to the front springs. We're going out today so I'll see how that works. If that's not enough, what do I do next?

#7 · (Edited)
I really doubt that you added preload to the IFS springs, which forces the skis further down onto the trail, and then steering got easier.

I would guess that you increased the length of the springs when under load, on the IFS shocks, which reduces preload.

The rear torsion springs have their tension adjusted by blocks located on the rear torque arm. They are adjustable.

Here is the MY02 Operator's manual for your snowmobile:

Polaris MY02 Snowmobile Universal Owner's Manual

Reactions: p51mstg
#6 ·
Yes and no. If rear torsions are week or on a low setting allowing the rear to drop into a lower range/a low sag in position. Then yes it tends to transfer and shift weight always to the rear causing front end to be lighter. It's not a desirable set up. It depends a lot on spring rates. And if your riding single or double.
Pitch control becomes the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.