Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I know this may be a repeat topic but it is now time to bring in the sleds for pre season inspections etc. We are located in southern NH. Please recommend the best dealer (in your opinion) for maintaining sleds. No shit kicking, just honest opinions. We currently have four Polaris sleds. We typically deal with Hooksett Polaris (Ed P. has been awesome for purchasing parts and accessories) and also have purchased from Rochester Sport center on 125 (not the one on Rt 11 which deals in Yami and Honda etc.) . I want a well based recommendation on a particluar service center. I am simply looking for a place that folks trust their sleds at. I have nothing bad to say about anywhere, just want the opinions of the experts. Thoughts. The local dealers for Polaris include:
Rochester, Plaistow Power Sports (new), Hooksett, maybe Nashua, GG, etc.
I have no problem traveling an hour for a good dealer.

Thanks, thoughts??

Dave

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
For the most part I do that kind of thing myself,that being said,I bought my sled at HK in Hooksett and the one time(in early jan.) I had to bring it in for a warranty problem they turned it around in less than 24 hrs.
I know Bickfords are a Doo dealer but they have a very good rep too.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You can't go wrong with the folks at Rochester Sports Center. A family owned business, they traet the customer right and are usually on a first name basis with you by your second visit.

The guys (and occasional gal) behind the parts counter are always friendly and helpful.

People from all over the State, and a good p[ortion of Mass folks, truck their sleds to this fine establishment for service.....

Good luck whatever venue you choose, let us know how you make out,

Skip

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
I have been a hooksett Kawi customer for over 20years, Kurt and
Jeff at the service desk always seem to take care of my requests, the Parts Desk had been real good for a while then some new faces along with the new HK stores Laconia and Tilton resulted in some folks being moved new faces and some folks leaveing thier company for some reason or another. but I give the new folks a chance and I try to eductate them as well.

I typically only have Pete do the work I request.

But with the rising costs of, well lets face it everything from fuel to shop hours to the price of bread I have been doing more and more of my own work over the years, so there is only a few thing I leave up to Pete and the guys at Hooksett things like shock n clutch rebuilds, cylinder prep for engie rebuids "which gets sent out anyway" maybe waterpump rebuilds.. I'd send shocks to jbshock at jbshocks.com but everything else is on my time in my garage on my lift.. and Hooksett gets me most anything I need in parts

I get treated good at hooksett!! I have found little wrong with the service as well, the guys are good to work with IMPO of course paitence is something good to practice..

Good luck to who you choose for a wrench

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have used and been disappointed by G&G and Hookset. I have never used Rochester for service but have purchased parts there.

I have from time to time used an independent mechanic. He has always done excellent work at very reasonable prices.
Located on Rt 125 one hundred yards north of the Lee traffic circle, right next to Wendy’s. It’s called Razor Unlimited, the owners name is Mark. Here’s his number 868-5285.
Good luck no matter what you decide.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the great inputs. I will let you know how it goes.
It would be nice to see a thread on service and dealerships that stays live so that folks can hear the good and the bad experiences.

Dave

·
Registered
92 Posts
the absolute best skidoo dealer in the state is bickfords sport center. they will help you with anything wether you got youre sled there or not. i have been dealing with them for a few years and have never had a bad experience with them. i snowchecked my 05 gade there but got alot of help with my previous sleds even though i bought them elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts