Hardcore Sledder banner

Recoil update

1385 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  SPUDAC
Called Livingstons in Nh to do the recoil update on my 02zr8 today. Tim was very nice to me but said he would put me on a waiting list to do the work. Said it was from between 6 to 8 weeks till they would give me a call. I called them because the sled was bought there. Imagine how long the wait would be if I bought it somewhere else.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
805 Posts
Originally posted by ZR8Rider@Dec 11 2002, 08:48 PM
Called Livingstons in Nh to do the recoil update on my 02zr8 today. Tim was very nice to me but said he would put me on a waiting list to do the work. Said it was from between 6 to 8 weeks till they would give me a call. I called them because the sled was bought there. Imagine how long the wait would be if I bought it somewhere else.
Wow, that's a long time. My dealer had my recoil parts in within a couple days, but that was over a month ago. I know some guys on here have done it themselves or know how to do it, if you are interested you can ask what is involved...Marc

· Registered
805 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic+Dec 11 2002, 09:36 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ZR8Rider
@Dec 11 2002, 08:48 PM
Called Livingstons in Nh to do the recoil update on my 02zr8 today.  Tim was very nice to me but said he would put me on a waiting list to do the work.  Said it was from between 6 to 8 weeks till they would give me a call.  I called them because the sled was bought there.  Imagine how long the wait would be if I bought it somewhere else.
Wow, that's a long time. My dealer had my recoil parts in within a couple days, but that was over a month ago. I know some guys on here have done it themselves or know how to do it, if you are interested you can ask what is involved...Marc[/b]
Check that, I was thinking you could just get the 8mm nuts and loctite, but now I think of it I believe there were more parts involved, sorry...Marc

· Registered
146 Posts
My dealer put on a whole new recoil. I sure wouldn't ride to much without the update. When the recoil goes, so does the stator. I speak from experience. Without warranty it would be an expensive experience. :wacko:
I'd put the recoil on myself before I waited 6-8 weeks.

· Registered
2,259 Posts
My dealer advised that it will only be replaced free if it breaks first. They told me to break it before I bring it in to satisfy the AC Warranty Dept. I took it off, inspected it, re-loctited the nut and reinstalled it. It only fails if the nut comes loose and apparently some were never loctited during manufacturing. The updated recoil simply has a thicker bolt which will also fail if that same nut isn't secured and loctited. It'll just take longer to wear through the thicker bolt.

· Registered
146 Posts
There was a recall on the recoil. Mine blew apart last spring and they replaced it along with the stator that it tore up. I only had 200 miles since the repair but they said the new recoil had a different part # so they replaced it again. I can't imagine AC wants to pay for new stators for all the sleds out there. Is't it interesting how each of us seems to get a different readout from our dealers on these things. AC sent the recall notice to me so it sounds like some dealers are a little laid-back to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.