Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called Livingstons in Nh to do the recoil update on my 02zr8 today. Tim was very nice to me but said he would put me on a waiting list to do the work. Said it was from between 6 to 8 weeks till they would give me a call. I called them because the sled was bought there. Imagine how long the wait would be if I bought it somewhere else.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by ZR8Rider@Dec 11 2002, 08:48 PM
Called Livingstons in Nh to do the recoil update on my 02zr8 today. Tim was very nice to me but said he would put me on a waiting list to do the work. Said it was from between 6 to 8 weeks till they would give me a call. I called them because the sled was bought there. Imagine how long the wait would be if I bought it somewhere else.
Wow, that's a long time. My dealer had my recoil parts in within a couple days, but that was over a month ago. I know some guys on here have done it themselves or know how to do it, if you are interested you can ask what is involved...Marc

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic+Dec 11 2002, 09:36 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ZR8Rider
@Dec 11 2002, 08:48 PM
Called Livingstons in Nh to do the recoil update on my 02zr8 today.  Tim was very nice to me but said he would put me on a waiting list to do the work.  Said it was from between 6 to 8 weeks till they would give me a call.  I called them because the sled was bought there.  Imagine how long the wait would be if I bought it somewhere else.
Wow, that's a long time. My dealer had my recoil parts in within a couple days, but that was over a month ago. I know some guys on here have done it themselves or know how to do it, if you are interested you can ask what is involved...Marc[/b]
Check that, I was thinking you could just get the 8mm nuts and loctite, but now I think of it I believe there were more parts involved, sorry...Marc

·
Registered
942 Posts
Can you bring the dealer just the recoil? Or do they need the whole thing. I need to get my 2002 ZL done. Have'nt called the dealer yet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My dealer put on a whole new recoil. I sure wouldn't ride to much without the update. When the recoil goes, so does the stator. I speak from experience. Without warranty it would be an expensive experience. :wacko:
I'd put the recoil on myself before I waited 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Yeah, so get this. I called my dealer, and asked him about it. Sounded like I was bothering him. He told me I ought to just take a cold chisel to the threads :wacko:

·
Registered
198 Posts
A dealer like that makes you just want to run right back and buy a couple more sleds, from someone else that is!! :angry:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
My dealer advised that it will only be replaced free if it breaks first. They told me to break it before I bring it in to satisfy the AC Warranty Dept. I took it off, inspected it, re-loctited the nut and reinstalled it. It only fails if the nut comes loose and apparently some were never loctited during manufacturing. The updated recoil simply has a thicker bolt which will also fail if that same nut isn't secured and loctited. It'll just take longer to wear through the thicker bolt.

·
Registered
198 Posts
There was a recall on the recoil. Mine blew apart last spring and they replaced it along with the stator that it tore up. I only had 200 miles since the repair but they said the new recoil had a different part # so they replaced it again. I can't imagine AC wants to pay for new stators for all the sleds out there. Is't it interesting how each of us seems to get a different readout from our dealers on these things. AC sent the recall notice to me so it sounds like some dealers are a little laid-back to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts